04 Svt Focus Vs. 03 Kenne Bell Cobra!

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
Who would win the race? I am having my engine fully built and going with a GT3076r turbo with a 30 shot of nitrous that should put me at 480+whp and 410+wtq with 110 octane. Here is a video of a guy with the same kit but w/o nitrous
Ford Focus goes 11.2 at the drag strip
After he learned how to drive his car he ran a 10.8 at 134.

Now there is this guy i know who has a KB 2.2 that has 603whp and 580 torque. He wants to run from a 40 roll to about 140. Who do you think will win? I am a little nervous but keep in mind i only weigh 2700 lbs.

Thanks in advance! :rockon:

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
All I Have To Say Is That "its A Focus Who Cares"

Losser!

Eric, that will be a sick SVTF for sure, but still it'll be one hell of a race. What do you know of this guy? Because if he is a track regular, then he is going to have the advantage. Is this going to be a street race or a track race? On the street you are going to loss. His tourqe is going to alow him to pull you from the start, and he will have too much of a lead for you to catch him. All that power you'll have on streets, even DR's with FWD, you're going to be part throtle for 1/2 the race or you'll just spin. (Trust me, I've got 330whp before the motor swap, and I have problems before 60.) Even with the 40mph roll, he'll jump out. You will have top end advantage, the SVTF 3rd and 4th are geared to pull hard esp with boost. But I don't think you'll have enough to catch him.

With all that said, anything can happen on the street. If he spins, misses a shift, or is not a seasoned driver, then the race is yours with out a doubt.

Please keep us posted, this is a race I would pay to watch!!!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Typically it's 10hp for every 100lbs. You have roughly a 900lb advantage, but he's got roughly a 100hp advantage, it should be a close race.

Get it on video, I think this is a drivers race.

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
Losser!

Eric, that will be a sick SVTF for sure, but still it'll be one hell of a race. What do you know of this guy? Because if he is a track regular, then he is going to have the advantage. Is this going to be a street race or a track race? On the street you are going to loss. His tourqe is going to alow him to pull you from the start, and he will have too much of a lead for you to catch him. All that power you'll have on streets, even DR's with FWD, you're going to be part throtle for 1/2 the race or you'll just spin. (Trust me, I've got 330whp before the motor swap, and I have problems before 60.) Even with the 40mph roll, he'll jump out. You will have top end advantage, the SVTF 3rd and 4th are geared to pull hard esp with boost. But I don't think you'll have enough to catch him.

With all that said, anything can happen on the street. If he spins, misses a shift, or is not a seasoned driver, then the race is yours with out a doubt.

Please keep us posted, this is a race I would pay to watch!!!

I dont know much about him.. I have heard that he has never taken it to the track. And this race is going to take place on the street. I am going to have a set of drag radials for the race that a friend is letting me borrow. Should i re-negotiate and do a 60 or 70 roll rather than a 40?

exdeath

Established Member
Not to mention the Focus is on race gas...

Put the KB Cobra on 26 lbs and race gas and it has almost twice the HP/TQ but only 1/3 more weight.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
A real race (aka: from a dig) the cobra will kill you.

Roll race, I think it'll be close.. The cobra will probably pull out about a car length or so right off the bat and I don't think you'll come back after that.

I'm not trying to be a hater at all but I don't understand why you would throw that much money in a FWD car. Sure it'll still be fast with huge slicks and a big burnout but on the street it's just going to be a spin fest with anything close to a legal tire.

The way you have the car now it's probably perfect for the street, more power is just going to be more spinning, IMO.

Last edited:

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
I'm not trying to be a hater at all but I don't understand why you would throw that much money in a FWD car.

I haven't spent that much money at all on my car. I bought the supercharger for $2000 with only 100 miles on it because the guy found out he had cancer and needed the money.. It costs 5600 brand new.. I had my fun with it and beat a few vettes, ss's, z28 etc.... I managed to get the same turbo kit for 4000 that the guy in the video has. Not bad knowing that I am selling my vortech kit for 3500 and have a buyer already.. So all in all i am only spending 500 for the whole kit! Now the fully built engine and ported and polished head is only costing me 2800 bucks.. And that money came from selling my system for 1600 when i only paid 800 from a family member. I also sold some parts that i had laying around that i got for free and made 700 bucks. here is the pic of the system i sold.
001-2.jpg

So all in all here is the total that came out of my pocket.
* $1300 bucks for fully built motor and head.
* $2500 bucks for whole turbo kit!
Total = $3800 for a 500 horsepower 4 cylinder that gets better gas mileage than a v8, cost less than a car with a v8, and is extremely fun in the twisties.. Thats the reason i went along and did it. Make sense? :beer:

Last edited:

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
it should be a cool race...you are going to feel real good if you hang with him or beat him. I've never seen or heard of a fast focus like that, so props to you man, enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread