Flowmaster Cat-back
SCT X2 Tune
93 Octane

Made 426 RWHP
Made 437 RWTQ

Shouldn't I be closer to 450 RWHP??

CbraSvt01

Banned
Hmm, well one of two things. Either you tuner needs to go back to school, or you were a victim of heat soak. Today in Oklahoma there was a heat index of 108 degrees, im assuming it was equally as bad in Dallas. Any car, I dont care what mods, is going to put down 30+ rwhp less then what it usually does on a day like that. For instance...when I first had my old cobra dynod it put down similiar numbers to what your car made on a 98 degree day. I took it back when it was 68 out side and it made 475 rwhp. Anyways, check your tune...especially the timing. Then take it back on a cooler day.

331power

Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
Hmm, well one of two things. Either you tuner needs to go back to school, or you were a victim of heat soak. Today in Oklahoma there was a heat index of 108 degrees, im assuming it was equally as bad in Dallas. Any car, I dont care what mods, is going to put down 30+ rwhp less then what it usually does on a day like that. For instance...when I first had my old cobra dynod it put down similiar numbers to what your car made on a 98 degree day. I took it back when it was 68 out side and it made 475 rwhp. Anyways, check your tune...especially the timing. Then take it back on a cooler day.

Well it was definitaly hot. Run conditions were 112.76 degrees, 29.77 in-Hg. I think I need a new tuner though. I would post the graph but don't know how. I could email to someone who could post it.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
331power said:
Had my 04 terminator with 26k miles dynoed for the first time today. Mods are

K/N Gen II filter
Ngk TR6 gapped 35
2.8 pulley
Flowmaster Cat-back
SCT X2 Tune
93 Octane

Made 426 RWHP
Made 437 RWTQ

Shouldn't I be closer to 450 RWHP??
What brand dyno was it?

dynobobstieg

Loss of Boost 1# for every 20 degree's Temperature Rise.
1# = 10 HP

Loss of power due to Hot weather conditions 1 HP loss for every 2 degrees in Temperature Rise.

When it is 90-100 degree's your motor is naturally going to run Hotter on the average. This increases your IATS which in turn can trigger your EEC to reduce timing to save possible engine damage.
Stay Cool.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
i bet your A/F is really fat do you have the graph?

I had numbers like that on a canned tune and the A/F was 10.2:1. the first dyno I used, had a tail pipe sniffer and said i was at 11.5:1.

Tom

331power

Established Member
here is the graph guys what do you think???

200420cobra20dyno.gif

WDW MKR

Established Member
I agree with everyone on the heat soak. I was just a victim of this, myself. Even so, that tune looks horrid. You need to get that A/F in line before something pops. There is absolutely no way you should be running almost 13:1 between 4k and 5k.

- Aj -

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Even so, that tune looks horrid. You need to get that A/F in line before something pops. There is absolutely no way you should be running almost 13:1 between 4k and 5k.

+1

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
The tune is close to 12:1 above 5000 rpms (so it's probably not affecting your upper rpm power)... but if you notice how the boost starts to drop at around 56-5800 rpms, I would say your pulley is slipping. In 85+ heat, my car made 444 rwhp and didn't stop making power until 6000 rpms. Even then, there was more of a flatline in the power rather than a decline.

Users who are viewing this thread