04 Terminator - Mods??

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
Whats up guys i'm getting rid of my srt4 and am looking to buy a 03/04 cobra. I know what to look for when trying to buy one that is "completely stock" used, but my question is do you guys recommend buying one thats already modded? (as long as it seems like everything was done right/professionally)

A friend of mine owned a terminator. He said they are great cars and are fast/reliable with minial mods.. but after he got his stock blower ported and did all the standard bolt-ons he was making around 500/500 and wished he went with a KB.

That is only one persons opinion, but i just want to know where to start when i begin adding parts to this car so I dont do the same thing i did with the SRT (WASTE MONEY!!)

Let me know what you guys recommend doing as far as mods. I am just afraid that if i buy an already modded one, the previous owner would have beaten the car and that ill walk into a whole mess of problems. I know that this car is a MUCH more well-built/reliable car than a SRT-4 (they cant even be compared really) but I am just paranoid to buy a modded car after owning this one.

Thanks for all your help!

dynobobstieg

Stiegemeier Snake Bitetm Series is a very reasonable priced product and would be perfect for someone with stock car to get over 500/500. There is more information on our web site and here on svtp you can do a search.
Call and ask to speak to Bob he can answer all of your questions.
Thank you
Stiegemeier :burnout:
636-949-2275
636-925-1656

RussZTT

Established Member
The most common thing to do is put a 2.76 pulley on the charger. Doing this and adding a filter, cat back exhaust and a x or H pipe, you will see between 460-470rwhp. Spend another $500 to get the supercharger ported then you will see around 500-520rwhp. However, when you port the charger, you will need 60lb injectors, Mafia and a BAP.

iBiTe03

Established Member
If you dont want to "waste money" then go the TS route with supporting mods if your not looking to squeeze everything out of the eaton. A lot of people go ported and want more power and end up going TS anyway.

64comet

Established Member
If you dont want to "waste money" then go the TS route with supporting mods if your not looking to squeeze everything out of the eaton. A lot of people go ported and want more power and end up going TS anyway.

What he said, plus you can pick up a used Whipple or KB fairly cheap if you keep your eyes out for them. Personally I don't see putting money into an inferior blower. I do recommend they a pulley and tune while you are saving up for the TS though.

dynobobstieg

The most common thing to do is put a 2.76 pulley on the charger. Doing this and adding a filter, cat back exhaust and a x or H pipe, you will see between 460-470rwhp. Spend another $500 to get the supercharger ported then you will see around 500-520rwhp. However, when you port the charger, you will need 60lb injectors, Mafia and a BAP.

We have done hundreds at our shop with upper pulley ONLY, our porting without needing to upgrade fuel mods. :beer:
Thank you
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
What does TS mean?

I want to be in the low 11's/high 10's with DR's. If I can do that without having to upgrade the supercharger I will I just want to know the best parts to buy before I "waste money" buying random things.

After I buy the car, I'll have somewhere around 5k to put into it right away so I was just trying to get some ideas.

SVT GI

Established Member
TS= Twin Screw...Whipple, KB

You need to decide you future goals with the car. You will save money buying an already modded car but just make sure you take the necessary precautions before buying, compression test, check out the tuner's reputation, etc...You don't want to pick up somebody else's nightmare. Just do your homework and ask all the questions to any potential car's owner. A port will take you a long way, for me I will always want more so I skip right to the big TS :rockon:

Freakingstang

Established Member
We have done hundreds at our shop with upper pulley ONLY, our porting without needing to upgrade fuel mods. :beer:
Thank you
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

I'm sorry, but the BS flag is coming out on this one...:bs:

I'm only at 474/495 unported and am almost pegged on the meter.
The pump and injectors are real close too.

OP, I wanted a stock car that wasn't modded when I was looking......I wish I would have gotten the modded on...been a lot cheaper in the long run, just don't buy it from a 18 y/o kid that beat the snot out of it. you can tell a lot about how a car was used just by taking super attention to all the details when you look the car over....

I'd go with a TS over a ported, just going to cost more for all the supporting mods...this is where buying a car already modded will really save you some bucks as long as it is tuned right.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I want to be in the low 11's/high 10's with DR's. If I can do that without having to upgrade the supercharger I will I just want to know the best parts to buy before I "waste money" buying random things.

After I buy the car, I'll have somewhere around 5k to put into it right away so I was just trying to get some ideas.

Ok, well ported eatons have gone to the nines just recently so that falls well within your goals. There is also whipple 3.4 and a Turbo in the eights. So There are lots of routes to follow. As far as the mods go, if your're real good - know this - a well driven stock car on stock boost can go low 11's. 5k is a decent amount to spend. The mods needed for a twin screw or ported Eaton are pretty much the same - BAP or pumps, MAF or MAFIA mass air mod, some kind of Hi Flow filter assembly - K&N or JTL. Fuel injectors are probable with a recommended pulley setup being 4# lower and a 2.90 - 2.76 upper. Boost being 15 - 17. The only thing different is the Eaton you already have vs some good coin for a TS. You should invest in some gauges. There are lots of things to keep track of on these cars. Aeroforce gauges (dual) recommended with a "speed of sound" pillar. Subframes too. IRS bushings as well.. oh yeah an IRS cover - MGW or Fore. Oh almost forgot - an MGW shifter.

Last edited:

ous2418

Established Member
Whats up guys i'm getting rid of my srt4 and am looking to buy a 03/04 cobra. I know what to look for when trying to buy one that is "completely stock" used, but my question is do you guys recommend buying one thats already modded? (as long as it seems like everything was done right/professionally)

A friend of mine owned a terminator. He said they are great cars and are fast/reliable with minial mods.. but after he got his stock blower ported and did all the standard bolt-ons he was making around 500/500 and wished he went with a KB.

That is only one persons opinion, but i just want to know where to start when i begin adding parts to this car so I dont do the same thing i did with the SRT (WASTE MONEY!!)

Let me know what you guys recommend doing as far as mods. I am just afraid that if i buy an already modded one, the previous owner would have beaten the car and that ill walk into a whole mess of problems. I know that this car is a MUCH more well-built/reliable car than a SRT-4 (they cant even be compared really) but I am just paranoid to buy a modded car after owning this one.

Thanks for all your help!

if you can find one modded thats been done right thats always the best bet...

iBiTe03

Established Member
Ok, well ported eatons have gone to the nines just recently so that falls well within your goals. There is also whipple 3.4 and a Turbo in the eights. So There are lots of routes to follow. As far as the mods go, if your're real good - know this - a well driven stock car on stock boost can go low 11's. 5k is a decent amount to spend. The mods needed for a twin screw or ported Eaton are pretty much the same - BAP or pumps, MAF or MAFIA mass air mod, some kind of Hi Flow filter assembly - K&N or JTL. Fuel injectors are probable with a recommended pulley setup being 4# lower and a 2.90 - 2.76 upper. Boost being 15 - 17. The only thing different is the Eaton you already have vs some good coin for a TS. You should invest in some gauges. There are lots of things to keep track of on these cars. Aeroforce gauges (dual) recommended with a "speed of sound" pillar. Subframes too. IRS bushings as well.. oh yeah an IRS cover - MGW or Fore. Oh almost forgot - an MGW shifter.
yes an eaton only car has been in the 9's, but that also takes A LOT more money spent elsewhere in the car that people dont account for and hours of suspension tuning.

dynobobstieg

I'm sorry, but the BS flag is coming out on this one...:bs:

I'm only at 474/495 unported and am almost pegged on the meter.
The pump and injectors are real close too.

OP, I wanted a stock car that wasn't modded when I was looking......I wish I would have gotten the modded on...been a lot cheaper in the long run, just don't buy it from a 18 y/o kid that beat the snot out of it. you can tell a lot about how a car was used just by taking super attention to all the details when you look the car over....

I'd go with a TS over a ported, just going to cost more for all the supporting mods...this is where buying a car already modded will really save you some bucks as long as it is tuned right.

Call B.S if that makes you feel better, however it is what we have been doing this since 2003, seen it 100's of times, so this is our experience.
Porting the supercharger is up to the individual, Twin Screw may very well be the route for others. Different strokes for different folks.
Thank you
Stiegemeier
www.stiegemeier
636-949-2275
dynobob@stiegemeier
Any questions or concerns please feel free to call, e-mail or pm anytime.

waltd20012002

Established Member
from what i hear your suspension is what will be holding you back... i said **** it and ordered the complete Fulltiltboogieracing.com delrin bushing kit, LPW diff cover, and i'm also ordering my MM FLSFCs today.
I'm a total doush as well. i bought my car a month ago and i've gathered up a stage 4 ported blower, BA2400 MAF, KB BAP, 60lbers, Billetflow idelers, and o ton of other shit i probably don't need but screw it, i want a solid fast car...
I'm sure i'll be putting CC plates, front bumpsteer kit, etc. on in the near future as well.
OCD is a mofo... LOL

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
Thanks alot for all your help guys I really appreciate it.

It sounds like I am probably going to go look for one with a KB or whipple on it already.

Users who are viewing this thread