04 Whipple Cobra at 16psi vs 07 Shelby on stock blower at 13psi

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
gnxs said:
Listen, I don't know how else to say this.....In my case, the Tensioner Was the Problem!

It may not be on your car, but it was on mine. The stock tensioner was VISIBLY bouncing during the pulls affecting tension on the belt. Look at the graphs above and in the upper right corner you can see I set the smoothing at 5 (i.e. maximum smoothing) before saving the graph. I have a bunch of friends with Terminators that also have smooth hp lines on their dyno pulls.

Listen, I wasn't disagreeing that the tensioner wasn't causing you problems. I was stating, and still state, that MANY cobras, even stock ones, have erratic curves up top. I did a search for dyno graph in the terminator section, and found 4 terminators with erratic curves, and none with smooth curves (although I know I could find some if I looked more, just none in the first 4).

gnxs

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Listen, I wasn't disagreeing that the tensioner wasn't causing you problems. I was stating, and still state, that MANY cobras, even stock ones, have erratic curves up top. I did a search for dyno graph in the terminator section, and found 4 terminators with erratic curves, and none with smooth curves (although I know I could find some if I looked more, just none in the first 4).
Gotcha. :thumbsup:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Mr. Freeze said:
damn thats nice, but start racing each other on video!!!! us gt500 wanna be owners demand it.
lol. I am trying to set up a race with a c6z. IMO it should be a good race.

gnxs

Established Member
Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
gnxs - I'd also like to know exactly what mods you had at the time of that dyno pull. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread