If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
The Cobra is GNXS's and the shelby is mine

Comparo.gif

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
thats awesome! i really thought we would see a little more torque out of the GT500 due to the extra cubes though. we can chalk that up to the roots vs. the twin though(i think).

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Very cool comparison!
OK stupid question, but I am trying to learn more about reading dyno graphs. Could the reason for the eratic bumps at the end of the '04's curve be due to detonation? If not what causes that compared to the Shelby's nice smooth ending?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Very cool comparison!
OK stupid question, but I am trying to learn more about reading dyno graphs. Could the reason for the eratic bumps at the end of the '04's curve be due to detonation? If not what causes that compared to the Shelby's nice smooth ending?
Clutch could have been slipping.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dave, what kind of supporting bolt ons did the Term have? Headers, crossover, catback, cai, tb, etc.?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Dave, what kind of supporting bolt ons did the Term have? Headers, crossover, catback, cai, tb, etc.?
I dont know what he had for mods then...currently he has bassani headers, x and axleback, fipk. I dont know the other mods. He may have had the headers back then.

gnxs

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Very cool comparison!
Actually the reason was the stock belt tensioner was bouncing around. We suspected the spring was too weak, so I wound up putting a Reichard Racing Manual tensioner on there. Problem solved.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
The erratic curve at the end is just due to the coil packs on the terminators. Almost all terminators have curves that end like that. Not sure why the shelby doesn't have it. The dyno operator can include a smoothing algorithm which will smooth the curve out, which may have been done to daves run.

I've seen belt slip dyno's, and usually they are quite a bit more erratic than that.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Does the gt500 put out substantially more tq or power under the curve than the terms?? It would be expected with the added cubes but you can't see it here I assume because of the whipple.

gnxs

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
The erratic curve at the end is just due to the coil packs on the terminators. Almost all terminators have curves that end like that. Not sure why the shelby doesn't have it. The dyno operator can include a smoothing algorithm which will smooth the curve out, which may have been done to daves run.

I've seen belt slip dyno's, and usually they are quite a bit more erratic than that.
Not sure if you read my post above yours, but the tensioner WAS the problem. Every graph I have since putting on the Reichard Racing tensioner shows a smooth line.

gnxs

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Does the gt500 put out substantially more tq or power under the curve than the terms?? It would be expected with the added cubes but you can't see it here I assume because of the whipple.
Not to mention 3 more psi.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Nice. Looks like this next gen Eaton is proving to be more efficient than the ol' M112.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
gnxs said:
Not sure if you read my post above yours, but the tensioner WAS the problem. Every graph I have since putting on the Reichard Racing tensioner shows a smooth line.

Very interesting. My car showed an erratic curve, exactly like yours when the car was intake exhaust. It showed this on two different dynos. It still shows up as I am now pullied. Stock tensioner of course. I asked my tuner (lidio of alternative auto who is very well respected) and he said he gets it on all the terminators. He said it had to do with the stock ignition system and there was no way to tune it out.

It could be that your dyno operator did put the smoothing function on, which is why it doesn't show up in your other dynos, along with the tensioner fix which was the cause of it on that dyno.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Bruce, don't you want to start modding now? Come on, everybody's doing it. Don't you want to be cool, because you can be cool.

gnxs

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Very interesting. My car showed an erratic curve, exactly like yours when the car was intake exhaust. It showed this on two different dynos. It still shows up as I am now pullied. Stock tensioner of course. I asked my tuner (lidio of alternative auto who is very well respected) and he said he gets it on all the terminators. He said it had to do with the stock ignition system and there was no way to tune it out.

It could be that your dyno operator did put the smoothing function on, which is why it doesn't show up in your other dynos, along with the tensioner fix which was the cause of it on that dyno.
Listen, I don't know how else to say this.....In my case, the Tensioner Was the Problem!

It may not be on your car, but it was on mine. The stock tensioner was VISIBLY bouncing during the pulls affecting tension on the belt. Look at the graphs above and in the upper right corner you can see I set the smoothing at 5 (i.e. maximum smoothing) before saving the graph. I have a bunch of friends with Terminators that also have smooth hp lines on their dyno pulls.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
Bruce, don't you want to start modding now? Come on, everybody's doing it. Don't you want to be cool, because you can be cool.

Dave:

Like I said before, it's going to be a slow and arduous process. :-D

Once I get my JLT CAI I'll be over 500. I'm used to working my way up from the back of the pack! ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread