04 z06 vs 03 cobra with cai

nightstalker865

Established Member
the 04's made mid 360's rwhp. GM set them leaner than any of the other years. you are going to have your hands full. I think you will be seeing his tail lights.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
No way in hell both of my brothers have Z06's (2002,2004) and I have never came close to them. I have a stinger and FIPK. They would both beat me when they were stock pretty bad. Now they both have an intake, exhaust, headers, and a tune and its not even close.

soonerjoe

Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
No way in hell both of my brothers have Z06's (2002,2004) and I have never came close to them. I have a stinger and FIPK. They would both beat me when they were stock pretty bad. Now they both have an intake, exhaust, headers, and a tune and its not even close.

So what all mods do I need to beat one?

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
A pulley and a good tune should have your snake charming a Z06. Without more boost, it's hard to make up for the weight difference! With your cold airand your exhaust, all you need is more boost. Maybe a 2.8 or if you feel extreme, maybe a 2.93 upper and a 4lb lower!!

Orange Poison

Established Member
Depends....I say just go for it....you might be surprised. There are many cases where a CAI and exhaust Cobra has pulled slightly on a Z06 OR ran door to door.

Driver has allot to do with it....if you're a good driver with only a CAI, you might be able to keep up.

MTI LS1

If its the 04, he will beat you for sure. I recently ran an 04 w/ longtubes, straightpipes, intake, and a big cam. He was not totally tuned, but he only pulled 2 cars from 20 and 40 to 130. He was also on r compound tires and CCW's.

I also ran an 01 with catback and intake and pulled him by 4-5 cars with traction problems. With a pulley you can handle most of the mildly modified ones.

With only CAI, he will pull you no doubt.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Go for it, may have a weak driver. Could be all the difference in the world! Have fun and be safe

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
When my car had just a JLT CAI, Predator, and Dynomax cat-back I smoked two stock Z06's at the track. Walked em easily on street tires. I talked to the owners and both said they dynoed 360RWHP. Both ran 112 BTW while my car was almost 115.

ModMike1572

Established Member
You'll definately have your hands full. He should win by like 4-5 cars i would think. If you had intake, x pipe, catback, and maybe a short throw it would be close... jmo

Users who are viewing this thread