04's w/the TIC TIC TIC

Do 04 Cobras built on or after 11/04 have the tic?

• Yes, my 04 has the Tic

Votes: 96 25.5%
  • No, my 04 doesn't have the tic

Votes: 280 74.5%

• Total voters

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
Does the blue paint on the cylinder head indicate that the head was replaced to deal with this issue?

Thanks!

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Skywarp said:
Anybody else? :read:
Same build team on my 04, and I developed the tick at ~500 miles, dealer verified. I very recently had the newest "revised" heads that came out in 1/05, put on my car. Tick is gone. :pepper: The car runs strong, I hope it stays this way!

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally Posted by Tydlwavs
Does the blue paint on the cylinder head indicate that the head was replaced to deal with this issue?

Thanks!

mjzilinski said:
I've heard that before.

:bash:

No, no, no.... As has been researched and posted many times before, the light blue paint on the heads do not indicate anything in regards to the tick.

They were painted to make us all crazy with wild tick cure ideas.

:pepper: :rockon: :banana:

mcflysvt04

Established Member
I have 21k on 04 Cobra with no tic. $33600 for an 04 how many miles. I bought mine new last April for less. Thats not such a great deal. Keep looking

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
late build 03 15460 miles no tick and i drive it hard, had the stall though but quick reflash at local dealer fixed that

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Do you have a Carmax in your area? For a quick sale, see what they will give you for your car. IMO, its always easier buying a new car with a down payment instead of a trade in.
I agree sell it to Carmax and walk in with CASH they will drop the price of the 04

StangJason

Established Member
Doc2003Cobra said:
I would be interested in how many of the peeps here think they have the tick but actually just hear the ticking injector noise. I have met people at the car show that think they have it but are reading it wrong, Doc.

Mine is a 03 that the dealership said was the tick and I thought it was the injectors :eek: . I originally took the car in for the TOB squeeling though I did mention the valvetrain noise because I had heard of the tick I thought sounded like injectors. All I do know now is that they are going to install the LDC cooling mod while they are in there..I hope!

V8Mustang

Established Member
StangJason said:
All I do know now is that they are going to install the LDC cooling mod while they are in there..I hope!

Did the dealer say that the LDC mod would reduce your chance for getting the tick again?

Calithekid

Established Member
OK CHECK THIS OUT I HAVE A 03 BUT.... I just had a new motor put in and with under a thousand miles i have a ticking its definitly a lot louder on a cold start by the way it was replaced by ford under warranty so perhaps i have a 04 motor i dont know. Anyway what thf the first time I got on it hard and drove around it was fine, but next morning ticking very remeniciant of why i replaced the motor in the first place. That was a big issue though anyway it seems to almost go away when warmed up good no power loss or any bad symptons but man its kinda loud when its cold.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Calithekid said:
OK CHECK THIS OUT I HAVE A 03 BUT.... I just had a new motor put in and with under a thousand miles i have a ticking its definitly a lot louder on a cold start by the way it was replaced by ford under warranty so perhaps i have a 04 motor i dont know. Anyway what thf the first time I got on it hard and drove around it was fine, but next morning ticking very remeniciant of why i replaced the motor in the first place. That was a big issue though anyway it seems to almost go away when warmed up good no power loss or any bad symptons but man its kinda loud when its cold.

The head tick is usually only hear after warm-up. If you have an internal noise that is present at cold start-up, you might have damaged something in the shortblock.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Ontariomystic said:
I'm still confused. My 04 Cobra has 9 thread count heads on it from factory. Btw 1700 miles and no tick.

The 2nd-run heads had the 9-thread count, but did not fix the coolant flow issues that cause the "tick."

Users who are viewing this thread