06 GT vs 03 WRX

ryanjoachim

Established Member
well my brother just bought a 03 wrx and wants to see how fast it is so i told him id race him this weekend hes pretty cocky but im sure the only thing that is done to the WRX is intake, full magnaflow exhaust, HKS BOV and a short shifter i believe. My mods are in my sig, I know he wants to go from a dig what are your all thoughts?

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
AWD has ofcourse a better advantage from a dig. I'd suggest slipping out the clutch around 2300 rpm after a quick tire warm up, and trying not to spin the tires. I think you should take him getting into 3rd.

mustang gt 2003

Established Member
Im not to sure from a dig, but i have a 2006 gt with kooks longtube headers, off road-x, roush axle-back exhaust, steeda CAI, and SCT tune and went up against my friend's stage 2 2004 sti. We went from like 10 mph and hit it. Both cars were running with a full tank of gas. He did have a 150 lbs passenger but through 3 gears i pulled on him at least a car they said. And i kept pulling. So that was till around 90mph or so. We wanted to go longer but the road was about to start curving so we ended it there. We did this 3 times with the same results.... hope that helps a little lol

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I would think from your mod list you would catch him from a dig in the 1/4. Roll race and youll rape him. Friend of mine used to walk a big turbo STi from rolls with cam, gears, I/E on his 07.

lrn2drvefrst

Established Member
WRX's are dogs. A friends 07' GT with LT's, Offroad X, Axleback, and JLT intake whooped an Evo with exhaust, intake, IC piping, fuel pump, ect. You'll be fine, as long as you don't dump the clutch.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
O.P is racing an 03 WRX NOT an Sti. STI came to the US in 04. WRX only had 227hp, o.p you should leave him to dust, even if your GT was stock you would edge him. No worries, just don't over-rev the launch.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
i guess i can see that.....evo 8's are slow but a bolt-on 3v isnt much of a challenge for one...surprised he got beat as much as you say he did.. :??:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Should be an easy kill. With the 4.10's you have an almost equal opportunity from a dig, bad thing is you don't have radials. Try and control your clutch, don't dump it or you'll spin to mars. Record this race too, and not with a brick.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I don't see this being much of a race to be honest, unless you spin forever. The 2006+ WRX's go alot better with some minor work than the older ones.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

ryanjoachim

Established Member
Im not to sure from a dig, but i have a 2006 gt with kooks longtube headers, off road-x, roush axle-back exhaust, steeda CAI, and SCT tune and went up against my friend's stage 2 2004 sti. We went from like 10 mph and hit it. Both cars were running with a full tank of gas. He did have a 150 lbs passenger but through 3 gears i pulled on him at least a car they said. And i kept pulling. So that was till around 90mph or so. We wanted to go longer but the road was about to start curving so we ended it there. We did this 3 times with the same results.... hope that helps a little lol

how much power was you puttin to the wheels?

I don't see this being much of a race to be honest, unless you spin forever. The 2006+ WRX's go alot better with some minor work than the older ones.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

we plan on going at it tomorrow night if the rains hold off should have a vid by late sunday :beer:

clc44

Established Member
Should be cake! Did you buy the GT recently? I remember it being for sale. Nice car!! Get a video of the raping. I put 3-4 lengths on an SRT4 running 18-19lbs with full exhaust and a DSP. So you should be fine!

ryanjoachim

Established Member
Should be cake! Did you buy the GT recently? I remember it being for sale. Nice car!! Get a video of the raping. I put 3-4 lengths on an SRT4 running 18-19lbs with full exhaust and a DSP. So you should be fine!

i bought it over a year ago off a guy on the forums. Thanks for the info!

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
...ok theres ur verdict...now go and race him...coming on this forum to waste our time with this question least u can do is race him and let us know how it went..

PS: u will smoke him....no contest... even from a dig a stock wrx isnt shit...

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
...ok theres ur verdict...now go and race him...coming on this forum to waste our time with this question least u can do is race him and let us know how it went..

I'm pretty sure he said the race wasn't going down until tonight. Is there a rule against "what will happen" threads?

Users who are viewing this thread