'06 Vette...625hp...$100k

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Joe King, First, despite your degree saying USC, psychology is a common noun and is not to be capitalized; perhaps you should have gone to a junior college and saved big bucks. Second, add a blower to that 3118 lb. Z06 and see what it weighs. Want to bet that it'll weigh more and not less?
Third, there is no need for me to start the thread which you suggested. You've already completed the job yourself. Think about it this way: What response would anyone posting to ZO6.com receive if he/she posted your thread but substituted Ford GT for Corvette and Corvette for Ford GT? As for eating my lunch, it is as unlikely to happen as your $100,000, 625 hp., 2900 lbs. "Blue Devil" Vette. And finally, please answer my question. Why would anybody who's interested in buying a GT care at all what you think?

inVision

Established Member
GM will not build the blue devil because it doesn't make marketing sense, it will destroy the Z06 market, which is 25% of all Corvette production. And think of how this blue devil would make the remaining 75% of Corvette owners feel? Sort of like buying a Mustang GT only to find out it only has the V6.

For any special edition Vette to make 625 HP, the "standard" vettes will have to be making at least 500.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
What about?

Originally posted by inVision
GM will not build the blue devil because it doesn't make marketing sense, it will destroy the Z06 market, which is 25% of all Corvette production. And think of how this blue devil would make the remaining 75% of Corvette owners feel? Sort of like buying a Mustang GT only to find out it only has the V6.

For any special edition Vette to make 625 HP, the "standard" vettes will have to be making at least 500.

Then how would you explain the existance of L-88, ZR-1, ZL-1 & the Copo cars...and Ford building... YOUR ....car???

I think there is a greater risk to corporate stature to just say..."Ford can do it (make a limited production super-car) & GM can't"

It's all total speculation... arm-chair fantasy at this point...enjoy

Last edited:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I don't know what GM will allow Chevy to build and sell for whatever price, but if a "Blue Devil" is to be built, I have to believe that GM would do so only if it were not to be "given" away. And to sell a 2900 lbs. 625 hp. supercar at $100,000 is giving it away. Unfortunately for those who love the Vette, any such GM supercar will likely be labeled Cadillac. For those who could afford it, wouldn't any price less than $200,000 be a bargain?

Aaron_01

Banned
Companies produce alot of concept cars, who knows if they are going into production or not. Remeber GM's Aztek with 625hp C5-R block? Where is that? This may just be a concept that we will never see due to a variety of reasons

inVision

Established Member
Re: What about?

Originally posted by Joe King
Then how would you explain the existance of L-88, ZR-1, ZL-1 & the Copo cars?

I think there is a greater risk to corporate stature to just say..."Ford can do it (make a limited production super-car) & GM can't"

It's all total speculation at this point...its just arm-chair fantasy at this point...enjoy

Those are all great vehicles, but the Z06 IS the "king" of corvettes, past and present, and to make a blue devil would dethrone the Z06, and I don't think they will do that anytime within the next few years. Corvette sales are the highest in history right now, and that's all the executives at GM care about.

The Z06 will continue to be a close competitor (performance wise) to both the SRT-10 and GT, minuse the exclusivity, extravagant styling and cost. That's what the Corvette is all about.

Sure, GM COULD build a limited production super car, but it won't be in the body of a C6. Probably wouldn't even have a Chevy badge. That's why I love Ford. They build the Lightning, Cobra R, then the Terminator, and now the GT. Ford has the balls to do that, GM doesn't. Just my opinion, could be wrong

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread