07-09 hood vents

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Ok so I've kind of looked around and it seems like replacement vents are a bit pricey. So I'm going to try to take them out and paint them. Has anyone done this before and had it come out ok. I was thinking about trying like a flat black plastidip paint.

The main thing is how do they come out? I really don't want to break them if possible. What's holding them in I guess is my point.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Ok so I've kind of looked around and it seems like replacement vents are a bit pricey. So I'm going to try to take them out and paint them. Has anyone done this before and had it come out ok. I was thinking about trying like a flat black plastidip paint.

The main thing is how do they come out? I really don't want to break them if possible. What's holding them in I guess is my point.

If they are plastic like on the '12 I have, I'd just use plasti-dip on them first, you can peel it off whenever. Or you can try to restore it with the best known plastic protection I have ever known, 303 Aerospace, which is literally made as sun-screen for boats, you can't beat it on the dash\panels or on any plastic exterior part. http://www.amazon.com/303-Products-303-32-Aerospace-Protectant/dp/B004YJQE0S
It literally is sun-screen for your car, it easily soaks into plastic and UV proofs it and makes it like new without being sticky. I'd do that first. I use it on my bumper\exterior\interior trims every month (well, try to, I get lazy at times) and they look like new, even after rain. This post was a reminder, just made me order a re-fill!

No one has ever hated on Aerospace 303 as nothing has ever come close, esp in automotive territory.
12_1_lw_2895.jpg

Last edited:

- Aj -

Established Member
I used Meguiars Back To Black when I had my stock hood and it looked new again, retained the shine.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Take off hood blanket and use a flat head screw driver to pop the tabs loose. I've painted/hydro dipped a few sets. I've got some extras too.

Blue CF

Black CF

Nsssane1

Established Member
I don't like plasti dip it peels off to easy.

Adams products vht will bring the shine back. It's awesome stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread