'07 Cobra on the road in OH...pics inside

venams03

Established Member
Yup, I noticed that too. Dang, I hope production model is very different from that mule because that's downright BORING!!! It looks very close to a normal GT

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
these are test mules, the production car SHOULD look better.
I will kiss you if you are right...er maybe I won't and then we would both be happier. :beer:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Whitten said:
I will kiss you if you are right...er maybe I won't and then we would both be happier. :beer:
As warm and fuzzy as it appears, I'll pass on the Kiss. I doubt they are showing us final production pieces. Frankly, I'm surprised they are showing as much as they are.

All 4 cars we have seen are different. I think they are playing with is to gauge reaction. Hopefully, they get the hint on the hood issue.

venams03

Established Member
"I cant see any hood????"

Not a great shot but middle pic shows that the vents aren't like the prototype unveiled at the New York show....

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
crispy23c said:
BTW, does anyone know if Tungsten silver is making the list???

Just when I open my mouth and say I doubt it, I go over to my dad's and see this.

zrear.jpg

zfront.jpg

A Lincoln Zephyr in Tungsten Silver. It's a preprod, but this close to production it must be a real color. It's actually cheaper than the GT500 so this gives me hope it will be part of the production palette.

Nice car, btw.

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
Now, I have nothing against the '05 Mustang GT... hell, I own one! I love the look and all, but if I'm going to drop 40k on a car, it had better look better than one that cost me 25k! I saw the pics in this thread and I almost immediately thought it was just a GT with an aftermarket ducktail and GT500 stripes... but then I saw the hood, and my heart sank.

No rear diffusor, no whipple, the interior (and now exterior) is going to look nearly identical to the GT, and now no functional hood air extractors (not to mention those black plastic scoops are DISGUSTING)!? The whole reason the extractors are there is that so all the air rushing under the hood at high speeds has somewhere to go! Remember what happened to that '05 in the Grand American Series!? Even with four hood pins, its hood flew off! It NEEDS those air extractors! We're going to see hoods flying off Shelbys on the highway and at the strip, man. What an embarassment. :nonono:

And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. As I said before, I own an '05 GT and I experienced hood shaking at speeds over 110 MPH. So I adjust the hood bumpers on both sides... this seems to have fixed it, but I'm still getting hood pins. I just don't trust it. There are many other '05 owners with the same concerns.

I've got a twin '07 order in at a dealership, but if those air extractors are not functional, I'm pulling my order. That's the last straw for me. The grill is even bigger on the '07, and if there are no air extractors, that will only make more pressure under an already overstressed, lightweight aluminum hood. I can guarentee you we'll be seeing hood movement at anything over 95 MPH. There is no way in HELL that I should have to drill holes into the hood of a $40,000 Shelby! And this is coming from a 1967 Shelby GT500 owner and an adamant defender/fan of Carroll Shelby (just check out my posts).

C'mon, Ford! You've got a great car! Don't screw it up! I'd rather see you raise the price $750 rather than tear this beautiful piece of automotive artwork to shreds! :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread