07 cobra question for 03/04 owners

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
mattyice said:
i thought that it is a fact its being released stated by the new head guy at SVT
Do you really believe all that Ford tells you? LOL! Just kidding, but seriously Ford is not going to say anything different at this time. Let me give you an example of how it works. Last month eBay announcement price increases in many areas. The eBay community went bonkers. eBay said they needed the increases to cover their expenses to keep eBay a competitive marketplace. Like who is really competing with them anyway? And just today I got an email stating that there was a "misunderstanding" on the part of the eBay community. eBay never intended to raise their general listing rates. Only their stores selling for 30,60,90,120 days would get increases. Man, what an absolute lie! They can't even admit that the overwhelming protest from the eBay community forced them to reconsider their greedy increase. So why would Ford executives be any more honest and up front with Joe Public.

The truth is that none of us know what is going on at Ford. They're losing money in sales. They need to gain a bigger market share. They also need to make some changes in their product mix. SVT sales certainly didn't help Ford overall. So Ford is going to have to make some difficult decisions very soon. And some of those decision might not be what we want to hear. So I don't think the '07 Cobra is a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. I do, though, see a bigger emphasis on performance products that will compete with the performance imports. And to products that appeal to a broader market. Might be that a car like the '07 Cobra just won't fit into Ford's plan for the near future. Whereas an '06 Shelby Cobra might because it would target a different buyer. These are just my thoughts based on what I hear and "feel" in today's economy. In another year we'll know for sure. In the meantime all we can do is hope. But please don't believe everything you hear from Ford in the magazines. Reminds me of the campaign promises that presidential candidates make. I won't even go there. LOL!

Last edited:

CMPRSD

Established Member
CobraBob said:
But please don't believe everything you hear from Ford in the magazines.

Hey, CB: Still love your gaskets. :rolling: But one thing they've said is that the new car will be shown at the NY Auto Show -- about seven weeks away. Then, we'll see. If no car...you win. My bet is they're bringing it.

Tick, tock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
CMPRSD said:
Hey, CB: Still love your gaskets. :rolling: But one thing they've said is that the new car will be shown at the NY Auto Show -- about seven weeks away. Then, we'll see. If no car...you win. My bet is they're bringing it.

Tick, tock.
Glad you love the gasket set!

Yeah, the Auto Show will be a turning point. We'll have to see what develops. Whether they make the SVT Cobra or not, there will only be winners because manufacturers will continue to make high-performance/muscle cars for many years. I really want to see them make the Shelby Cobra as shown in the latest issue of Motor Trend. That's a sweet looking muscle machine. I probably won't be able to afford it, but I can still enjoy the vehicle.
;-)

Fleck 5

Established Member
Motor Trend had an article this month about a Shelby mustang. They were saying it would have the motor out of the GT with 550 HP with a solid rear axle.

If Ford does want to get rid of the SVT then this would make sense. Shelby would probably handle all of the engineering and development and Ford could do the distribution and marketing. My guess would be between $40-$45,000 selling price. If there was still a SVT cobra, it probably be 450 HP. This way it has more power than our cobras but less then the Shelby.

Solid rear
Better Tranny
Better Paint
and 250 more horses!!!
That would be something I would trade mine for!
Oh!!! And lose the ugly a$$ end of the current Stang...

Users who are viewing this thread