07 convertible gt500 vs. 06 C6 Z06 (stock)

wallie40

Established Member
Thanks Poppacapp!

Poppacapp agree with you, we are all on the same team. Enjoy your car and run what you brung!

tktlwyr

Established Member
Just installed 4.10 gears , car feel 500lbs lighter , time to hunt for some z06

Ran side by side a Z06 with a stock 3.31 gear before , with the new gear , should pull ahead by half car instantly. Should put some fear in mine cousin Z06 now, hahaahahah. Let's find out this Sunday with warm 65 degree weather

I usually don't get into these pissing contests, but you're going to spin on the hit and lose even more ground when you clutch to shift.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I just like the other 2 z06 owners are a h/c/i setup also. There is nothing that sounds cooler than a big block chevy, new or old that has the lope. It draws so much attention. People come and look, old guys wonder how the heck did i do that with the new ignition system. I just smile.

I am a mustang man at heart too. I had a 01, built out to a terminator setup that made 570 at the wheels. There is no way that car could run with my 570whp z06..

Just like the others have mentioned, i trapped 134mph with a 1.8 60ft.

OP if we lived closer, i would be your huckleberry! :)

Here is mine just for fun!

[youtube_browser]lSiWn0uTKAo[/youtube_browser]
iam talking about stock 440whp z06 not yours 570 whp car :)

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
hey blackshelby... I mean nothing bad.. don't take it the wrong way. The Z's pull pretty damn hard in 3rd gear. Hope the race comes out in your favor, but being side by side in 2nd gear, it may have been a little tougher in 3rd. But hey, run em'...win lose, it doesn't matter to me. I personally get a joy out of the adrenaline rush of the race.

I can get my ass handed to me, pull over, shake hands and grab some grub. It's all good either way. The 4.10's will run you out of gear quicker, but you should be a little better in the 40-120 range.. but if you go higher, you will see the limits of the gearing.

i dont race over 100mph any way, hahahahahah. Do u wanna to go in Jail with a 50mph speed limit road ? :lol:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
you should stop picking on your buddy's stock Z06. you should be looking for something more challenging. At least tell him to get a tune.. As you said and know the cars are detuned from the factory.

But to say a C6Z06 is a tad faster than a C5.. is a little off the wagon.

and 100K? Ummm no.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
tad faster than a 400hp C6 or C6 Grandsport not a 345hp C5 . :) And yes most of the new Z06 TOTAL STICKER price are $100,000. $75,000 IS JUST A BASE PRICE NOT TOTAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE. WE GOT A CHEVY DEALER HERE NEXT TO MINE HOUSE AND THEY GOT ABOUT 50 VETTES IN STOCK NOW. COUPLE ZR1 TOO. ZR1 ARE LIKE 120K$

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
Back then 2006 z06 sticker price are like 75k$. The 2013 model now are around 100k$. I test drive a black 2006 z06 back then and its a used car selling for 68k$ . Got about 15k miles and seem to be abused a lot.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
tad faster than a 400hp C6 or C6 Grandsport not a 345hp C5 . :) And yes most of the new Z06 TOTAL STICKER price are $100,000. $75,000 IS JUST A BASE PRICE NOT TOTAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE. WE GOT A CHEVY DEALER HERE NEXT TO MINE HOUSE AND THEY GOT ABOUT 50 VETTES IN STOCK NOW. COUPLE ZR1 TOO. ZR1 ARE LIKE 120K$
I had already shown you what they are going for sticker price. The ones that are in the 100k have the Centennial Edition package and the goodies. Sticker price is still BELOW 80k for the basic Z06, I believe even the Vert is also below 80k. If your dealer has them for 100k then thats in your area and the dealer are marking them waaaay up.

And no…. a basic C6 LS3 needs a tune (LS3 grandsports are even slower), full exhaust and intake to be on par or keep up to a C6Z…….. An LS2 needs more….

ds98formula

Slowest car on the net
Established Member
i dont race over 100mph any way, hahahahahah. Do u wanna to go in Jail with a 50mph speed limit road ? :lol:

They can and will take you to jail if they know your racing at 50mph how fast you are going does not matter they will call it wreck less driving no matter what speed you are racing at.

Having said that I only race to 130

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I just like the other 2 z06 owners are a h/c/i setup also. There is nothing that sounds cooler than a big block chevy, new or old that has the lope. It draws so much attention. People come and look, old guys wonder how the heck did i do that with the new ignition system. I just smile.

Big Block? Did you swap out the LS7?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Another pissing contest. Wow........ Vettes are sweet cars. I thought about getting one before I bought my Shelby but I just couldn't do it after owning 4 mustangs(98gt vert,99 cobra vert, 02 gt coupe, 11 5.0).

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
Another pissing contest. Wow........ Vettes are sweet cars. I thought about getting one before I bought my Shelby but I just couldn't do it after owning 4 mustangs(98gt vert,99 cobra vert, 02 gt coupe, 11 5.0).

good choice buying a mustang, lots more fun than a vette . Vette is boring and is an "OLD MAN CAR". SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT ONCE, HAHAHAAHAHA:D

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
good choice buying a mustang, lots more fun than a vette . Vette is boring and is an "OLD MAN CAR". SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT ONCE, HAHAHAAHAHA:D

i suggest you spend some seat time in the z06. and the z06 is a night and day difference from the base c6---not even close. and again, $100k is not anywhere near what you can get a new one for. i'm sure you bought a used shelby, right?? not a new shelby that can sticker for $70k?? you can get low mileage c6z's for $50k all day long---low, low mileage. if you're not going to race over 100mph, why race at all?? the vette is just hitting stride in 3rd gear---the magic gear for these cars

Users who are viewing this thread