'07 Toyota Supercharged truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'm with Travis, the interior is horrible. Other than that I like it. I'd rather own something with a ugly rear-end than an ugly interior. At least I don't see the bumper while I'm driving.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i think that thing looks badass. if i didnt have an L and they actually produced that i would buy it in a second. looks very similar to the Lightning concept, and im sure they modeled it after that. i think the newer bodylines are nice.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah Toyotas 3 and 4 color dash in the new Tundra is horrible. I like the idea...which the idea is Lightning so...i could see where it would be cool...but i dont think i would buy one...simply because its to toyota...and a Jap truck in general

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I think it's cool in the effect that this shows hope for the sport truck scene, and hopefully it will get Ford kicked into gear to bring back the Lightning, but there was always something about Jap auto body styling that doesn't appeal to me. The shapes and curves make it look like a kids matchbox toy. I mean look at the pics, it looks more like a matchbox miniature then a actual real life sized full size truck.

40k+ you say? Even though I want a brand new truck brand new off the showroom floor, even if I went to check one out and liked it, I still wouldn't give over the Gen II L's MSRP price....especially for a brand or look I don't like.

I will however still go to the dealer and check them out. You never know once you see a production model in person. A little styling tweaking here, a little price tweaking there, maybe a sale.....

Still think the Gen II L is the hottest looking truck EVER produced to this day though...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
219415348.jpg

1630308litl3small8io.gif

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
FineLineMtrSprt said:
Yeah Toyotas 3 and 4 color dash in the new Tundra is horrible. I like the idea...which the idea is Lightning so...i could see where it would be cool...but i dont think i would buy one...simply because its to toyota...and a Jap truck in general

i thought i read somewhere that toyota is having MAJOR problems with the transmissions for those tundra trucks

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Toyota can do it...they have been offering a blower for the 4runner for past couple years so its not that far off of an idea...lord knows they can afford to build it...but shit its just another American idea(the sport truck) they are running with.

shelpdoggSVT

Hold my drink bitch.....
Established Member
If Ford isn't mindful of what the consumer wants (as in another Lightning) the target crowd may start looking elsewhere for this type of performance.
I'm a Ford guy and always have been, but when they stop making what you want, you may have to try other options.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I wouldnt mind owning that. 581 HP for 40's if its true then i would definitely buy it.

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
581 hp looks like it will be the new threshold for hp trucks. Like Dodge did with the new viper coming out with a 600hp viper, to one up the GT 500 and Z06. I hope Ford gets the hint that the HP wars haven't disappeared with the new market of hydrogen power vechiles.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ford knows the Horserpower war is back. As far as a Lightning type truck goes..Hin Tsiang...or whatever his name is who runs SVT now i cant remember it..said a couple months ago that the Lightning idea isnt dead at all..its just not running right now and that there WILL be a high performance truck in ford future. Ever since i read that ive been kinda ok with the idea of a new Lightning not being out right now. It WILL come...and IT WILL kick major ass...OH YES IT WILL lol

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
shelpdoggSVT said:
If Ford isn't mindful of what the consumer wants (as in another Lightning) the target crowd may start looking elsewhere for this type of performance.
I'm a Ford guy and always have been, but when they stop making what you want, you may have to try other options.

Well said. I have owned a couple Toyotas and my Sis-in-law works for em in L.A.

Id buy it if I had the ching. Whats wrong with Toyota? I like them alot.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
i like it! I think i would buy one if i had the cheese. lol but it would have to be really nice for me to sell the lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread