08 GT 500 KR @ NY auto show

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I heard that the GT 500 KR will be @ the NY Auto show. 600 HP May have a smaller Pulley on the blower! LOL
Maybe a GT 500 R also! Don't ask!

Tim:pop:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
LR 01 Cobra said:
I heard that the GT 500 KR will be @ the NY Auto show. 600 HP May have a smaller Pulley on the blower! LOL

Tim:

My question is will the GT500R ;-) be over or under 3,500#?

chuckstang

Established Member
Oh great. WTF did ford have to do this!
They better still build a regular GT500(if you can even call them that) because you know this 08KR will have at least a 10k higher msrp not to mention HUGE ADM's!!!!!!!!!!
Unless they have dropped weight or changed the styling significantly I dont see the point of having a KR because we all know getting 600flywheel hp is just a tune/intake away!

crazyhorse06

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:

God I hope so! Then maybe these ADMs would go away. Once the KR becomes the "car to have" it should take some pressure off the GT500. I can't imagine what kind of "Market Adjustment" they will be trying to get on it.
Can't wait to get more info on that. Thanks, Tim (can't begin to count the number of times I have said that). I bet it will be a regular GT500 with a couple of FRPP packages installed from the factory. Which, I bet, will be a very sweet car.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
God I hope so! Then maybe these ADMs would go away. Once the KR becomes the "car to have" it should take some pressure off the GT500. I can't imagine what kind of "Market Adjustment" they will be trying to get on it.
Can't wait to get more info on that. Thanks, Tim (can't begin to count the number of times I have said that). I bet it will be a regular GT500 with a couple of FRPP packages installed from the factory. Which, I bet, will be a very sweet car.

Damn! That's spot on the rumor I heard!
FRPP just might be offering a new snout for the the blowers. Just a rumor, I don't want any hate mail! LOL

Tim

crazyhorse06

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Damn! That's spot on the rumor I heard!
FRPP just might be offering a new snout for the the blowers. Just a rumor, I don't want any hate mail! LOL

Tim
It seems to be the way Ford is headed. Offering cars with some of the goodies they want the rest of us to buy for our cars like the Shelby GT does for the Mustang GT owners.

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Guys, I will be there a few days early with a press pass. Getting to meet a few folks of interest, to boot. ;-) I will dutifully post all the pix I am allowed, promise. :-D
please do.

sprint200

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:

My guess would be that it'll have the new Eaton TVS blower from FRPP:thumbsup:

bluestreak89

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Unless they have dropped weight or changed the styling significantly I dont see the point of having a KR because we all know getting 600flywheel hp is just a tune/intake away!

Correct, but it's not really much different than what Dodge is doing with the viper, they claim all kinds of things have been changed but in the end they got 600 hp which is easy in the viper and the same overall car. It would sell if they market it right and 600 hp with warranty is something special. If it is lighter, say around 3500# which I dont know how they could do without really having the price go up, then it REALLY has a chance.

Where's Fourcam? I'm sure he knows something.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I wonder if it'll have the ugly grill mesh that was on the KR 'prototype' and that is in the current FRPP catalog

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the last i heard about the kr is that ford was looking at 550hp and 3300lbs or so. judging by the 600 rumor i guessing they did not make weight?:idea: :read:

Users who are viewing this thread