08 GT 500 KR @ NY auto show

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
didn't you just post those as facts in another post?

i am asking a question. i know that gm has been testing the new corvette engine in some test mules at 450hp. but they might offer a different tune for production.

then an someone said it will be 425 with a 435 option.

then purvis said the the numbers will not change. i am asking him what numbers will not change? he has yet to answer this question.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am asking a question. i know that gm has been testing the new corvette engine in some test mules at 450hp. but they might offer a different tune for production.

then an someone said it will be 425 with a 435 option.

then purvis said the the numbers will not change. i am asking him what numbers will not change? he has yet to answer this question.

Its not official, but the generally accepted rumor is that the base Vette will be geting 425 hp. The Z51 option will get 435 hp. These rumors have been confirmed by several sources in the know.

There is also talk of the Z51 getting the Zo6's exhaust. (complete with butterfly valves).

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
chuckstang said:
There is no way they could make the GT500 weigh 3300 pounds and be street legal. NO WAY. Im calling BS.
Think about it and then you will realize that dropping nearly 700 pounds is just within the realm of possible unless they entire car was CF and the block was aluminum with light weight wheels/brakes, not to mention there would be 0 sound deadening, radio, A/C, interior, rear seat, passenger seat...
sounds like a cool Mustang...:idea:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Purvis said:
Its not official, but the generally accepted rumor is that the base Vette will be geting 425 hp. The Z51 option will get 435 hp. These rumors have been confirmed by several sources in the know.

There is also talk of the Z51 getting the Zo6's exhaust. (complete with butterfly valves).

so we are both in agreement. i have been restating that the starter of this thread has stated this past summer and fall the engine being tested for the 08 vette was running 450hp crank with the new 6 speed. and it would not suprise me in the least if gm through in a different tune(different from the 450 the test vehicles were using) for the production 08 vette.:beer:

FBMphil

Established Member
FBMphil said:
So I take it that the KR will be a GT500 with FR suspension, stickier tires, maybe some appearance bits, and *possibly* a small hp upgrade?

How far off is this possibility?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
03SBSVT said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: i want proof, i HIGHLY doubt this would ever happen in ANY production pony car.
Since when is a $100k vett considered a pony car?
How much you wnat to bet we see all the z06s runing around with its hood too.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
FBMphil said:
How far off is this possibility?

the kr will be revamped in terms of creating a better car for the track. yes suspension tuning, more power, different wheels and tires will be there, but ford should also take a lot of convienent packages off the car and add a roll bar.

examples would be less heat and sound insulation, no radio, no ac, race front seats, no back seat, less interior, roll bar, lightweight wheels and brakes, more power, retuned suspension among other things in the 08 or 09 gt500kr.

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
God I hope so! Then maybe these ADMs would go away. Once the KR becomes the "car to have" it should take some pressure off the GT500. I can't imagine what kind of "Market Adjustment" they will be trying to get on it.
Can't wait to get more info on that. Thanks, Tim (can't begin to count the number of times I have said that). I bet it will be a regular GT500 with a couple of FRPP packages installed from the factory. Which, I bet, will be a very sweet car.

What if the KR is n limited production and done by Shelby Autos? That might not relieve much ADM pressure off the '500, even tho the ADMs o the KR have got to be killer.

Given the history of Ford and Shelby (back in the day, the 'rift', etc), and Amy B's statements going back about a year, the KR will almost certainly be done by Shelby Autos. Unfortunately, since it's in their contract with Ford that they cannot market any of the cars they 'make' with Ford (has to be through Ford dealers) there are certain to be killer ADMs... and if it's in quite limited production, a substantial piece of that will go to collectors who will pay most anything to 'complete' the collection. <sigh>

It sucks not being rich :cryying:

-Dan

crazyhorse06

Established Member
68fastback said:
What if the KR is n limited production and done by Shelby Autos? That might not relieve much ADM pressure off the '500, even tho the ADMs o the KR have got to be killer.

Given the history of Ford and Shelby (back in the day, the 'rift', etc), and Amy B's statements going back about a year, the KR will almost certainly be done by Shelby Autos. Unfortunately, since it's in their contract with Ford that they cannot market any of the cars they 'make' with Ford (has to be through Ford dealers) there are certain to be killer ADMs... and if it's in quite limited production, a substantial piece of that will go to collectors who will pay most anything to 'complete' the collection. <sigh>

It sucks not being rich :cryying:

-Dan
I don't think the ADMs would be very strong if it is a package from SA. Especially if you can send your regular GT500 to the shop and have it upfitted. If it is a package from Ford, however, I think it will be a fat ADM.

The 40th packages SA offered seem to be less desirable. Most of the guys that were posting they wanted it, backed out later.

I've heard that the KR-500,if you want one will go through Shelby America,in Vegas. Thats what John told me from Ford-Performance,but would not give out too many details on this project being that it depends on if Ford will even built it.We'll have too wait and see.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It's going to be built.
I had dinner with Jack Roush the other night here in Las Vegas and he mentioned that the Roush blower that we've seen advertised and then subsequently disappear is going on a version of the KR. Here's my ugly mug with him after dinner a 9 steak house at the Palms Hotel. It was a camera phone with my friend finger on the bottom!! Damn it! Not to mention I was a little lit....lol...BTW, Jack's an awesome guy!! Very much down to earth and very interested in seeing young people with ambition reach their goals and be successful! And not just in racing!

0308072037ud1.jpg

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
That's what I've herd, 2 versions
1) pulley Change (by offering a new Blower snout with a smaller pulley)
2) New Blower

Tim

CGoeschel

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Chris what restaurant was that? Kind of reminds me of Aureole.

Thats right outside 9 steakhouse at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas. Then we went up to the Playboy club for a drink and just to shoot the sh*t (sorry no pictures) :pepper:

CGoeschel

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
damn dude, how the hell do you get whatever job you have??? i want to have dinner with jack roush!!!

We work at a Ford dealership here in Las Vegas that carries Roush vehicles. The president of our company took 8 of us to dinner with Jack while he's here in town for the Daimler Chrysler 400. We had a blast!

Fourcam330

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Thats right outside 9 steakhouse at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas. Then we went up to the Playboy club for a drink and just to shoot the sh*t (sorry no pictures) :pepper:

Cool, was just there (PBC@ Palms) a month and a half ago. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
CGoeschel said:
I had dinner with Jack Roush the other night here in Las Vegas and he mentioned that the Roush blower that we've seen advertised and then subsequently disappear is going on a version of the KR. Here's my ugly mug with him after dinner a 9 steak house at the Palms Hotel. It was a camera phone with my friend finger on the bottom!! Damn it! Not to mention I was a little lit....lol...BTW, Jack's an awesome guy!! Very much down to earth and very interested in seeing young people with ambition reach their goals and be successful! And not just in racing!

0308072037ud1.jpg

I've never met Jack, but I did meet (and race against) his son Jack Jr. in the AV8SS race last year. Real nice, down to Earth guy. He didn't even seem mad that I out qualified him either! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread