09 GT-500 head tick

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Well guys and gals, I developed a head tick in the right side of my engine. Sounded just like the head tick found in the early 03 models. Take into Ford dealership where I bought it and had the SVT mechanic take a look. He knew right off the bat something was wrong with it. Did all the pressure checks, cylinder heads, oil pressures ect. You name, he did it. Conversed back and forth with Ford sending them all the data they requested for two weeks. Ford could not diagnosis problem over the phone so they sent him a brand new head and all the goodies that go with and replaced my right head. In turn, he sent the original head to ford to see if a TSB is going to be necessary for all 09 owners. Car has 3000 miles on it. I know most guys on this site don't like dealerships, but i have to say I was treated like a king. Gave my wife a brand new 2010 loaded fusion to drive while they had her car. Let me go back into the shop anytime I wanted to check on the progress. They had a professional detailer come to the dealership and detail the car before I picked it up today. So if you hear the "tick" don't let it go, get it checked out. Ford is suppose to write me a letter telling me exactly what they found when diagnosis' is finished.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
i think i might have heard somthing like that in my 07. gonna head to the dealer for it soon.

95RioRedCobra

This Cobra Bites!
Established Member
Honestly sounds like a loose spark plug to me. I had someone come in with a ticking noise in a GT500 that nobody not even the dealer could diagnose. We checked the plugs and 2 were loose. Tightened them and the noise went away and customer is super satisfied.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Took it out for a good run up to temp. WOT for first 3 gears. Ran hard and strong. Came home and let it idle for a while and no head tick. The mechanic pulled all the plugs and checked them before installing the new head and didn't find anything wrong and no loose one's either. Just glad to have it home.

Users who are viewing this thread