'09 GT-R vs. '09 STi, not your average outcome.

07vert

Established Member
X2, no way the GTR touched 7500rpm on the shifts.

Pic of 2009 GTR instrument cluster
nissan_09gtr_instrumentcluster.gif

The STI took the hit on the second honk, pretty much had a 1 second advantage...

IMO, the winner was predetermined prior to the race ;-)

In one of the shifts you can see him shifting at a little past 7k so I doubt he really short shifted. Either way STi's are badass. I'm looking for one now lol

its kind of hard to shift perfect at those kinds of speeds especially when the car is brand new to you. i asked him and this is exactly what he told me, that he shifted at 7 or there abouts each time.

Sounded to me like he was brake boosting

That I was, the car inched forward because it over powered the brakes a bit, no more no less, this is exactly what happened.

Heres the dyno sheet from a Stage 1 GTR EFI Logics had tuned, same mods as the one I had raced. Even if he brought it out to 7500, the car makes no more power at 7 then it did at 5500. These turbo cars are not like your big displacement v8 cars where they keep making more and more power with RPM.

At a certain point, the torque fall off on a car with stock sized turbos actually hurts you more then helps you.

How is it so hard to believe that a car with 7 less whp and equilivent wtq that weighs 500+ less pounds beat it by a car length?

graph.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread