'09 GT-R vs. '09 STi, not your average outcome.

07vert

Established Member
Little background:
GT-R Driver is my tuner. Pretty well known in the Subaru and GT-R world. Set the stock turbo STi 1/4 mile record, and he just recently bought a GT-R, so we had some fun, on a closed course, in Mexico.

Mods are in the video description, thought i'd share. He's excited because the car was tuned by him, on the stock block, still holding up.

STi has big turbo and supporting mods, GT-R has stage 1 custom flash by the driver.

Enjoy!

[youtube_browser]8ROJai_5XJM[/youtube_browser]

winker2112

Established Member
Nice... what's the set up on that sti?

Edit, nevermind. Saw it on youtube comments

Last edited:

winker2112

Established Member
I gotta hit up mikey for my next tune. Been on the fence about selling the sti after chris from efi passed. After seeing that vid it looks like I'm gonna move forward with it. Two money pits are keeping me skinny.

07vert

Established Member
I gotta hit up mikey for my next tune. Been on the fence about selling the sti after chris from efi passed. After seeing that vid it looks like I'm gonna move forward with it. Two money pits are keeping me skinny.

Great guy and great friend, def knows his stuff. This is my third setup with him and I'll continue to keep going to him. Chris did my stage two tune but you can't beat Mikey's price, customer support and quality of product!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Mad Max laying down the law in the suby lol...awesome man, i just got a gt500 we will have to do some fun runs in mexico very soon my friend

bmore1186

Established Member
Nasty STi. They're defiantly a run for the money. Ran into one a couple weeks ago here, and tuned they can keep up even from a roll.

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
So who is Mikey? Chris tuned my Blouch STi and my 03 Cobra and now I have no one.... Can Someone PM me ???

07vert

Established Member
Mad Max laying down the law in the suby lol...awesome man, i just got a gt500 we will have to do some fun runs in mexico very soon my friend

Whats up buddy! Always down for a Mexico trip! haha i got a new number, pm me and we can meet up whenever bro.

Nice run !
and since i just got out and moved back to NYC, i would love to convoy with you guys to mexico for some runs once i get my car.

Thanks man, always down.

So who is Mikey? Chris tuned my Blouch STi and my 03 Cobra and now I have no one.... Can Someone PM me ???

PhatBotti Tuning's channel - YouTube

Mikey specializes in STi's, GT-R's and does some Evo's. He's tuned a few other misc cars like a trans am, and a type-R civic but the majority of the cars he tunes are those three.

islander033

Established Member
I agree looks like he short shifted

X2, no way the GTR touched 7500rpm on the shifts.

Pic of 2009 GTR instrument cluster
nissan_09gtr_instrumentcluster.gif

The STI took the hit on the second honk, pretty much had a 1 second advantage...

IMO, the winner was predetermined prior to the race ;-)

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
X2, no way the GTR touched 7500rpm on the shifts.

Pic of 2009 GTR instrument cluster
nissan_09gtr_instrumentcluster.gif

The STI took the hit on the second honk, pretty much had a 1 second advantage...

IMO, the winner was predetermined prior to the race ;-)

Sounded to me like he was brake boosting

Smoked03

Established Member
In one of the shifts you can see him shifting at a little past 7k so I doubt he really short shifted. Either way STi's are badass. I'm looking for one now lol

Users who are viewing this thread