09 Mustang Details Emerge

Fourcam330

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dave:

Steak and Shake is pretty good!!! ;-) :poke: :-D

I made the mistake of eating at Steak & Shake once in college after a long night of drinking. I think the food did more damage than the liquor, especially the next day. :D

Fourcam330

Established Member
chuckstang said:
toyota is terrible
I hate their cars.
mom has an avalon and it sux ass

On the bright side, resale value would go up, they would run for 200k miles, and the cars might actually parallel park themselves:p ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Fourcam330 said:
I made the mistake of eating at Steak & Shake once in college after a long night of drinking. I think the food did more damage than the liquor, especially the next day. :D

Oh sure!! Blame it on the food!! :p :poke: :-D

Well we'll see it when it sits on a dealerships show room floor,and not any sooner. The proof is in the pudding. I cannot imagine saleen getting involved with the GMs/Camaro,with all the production that they do with the mustangs,but I surely can find out .I know Steves Saleen son,and I'll call him up and get some inside information on the camaro if there considering on a performance pkg.,and HP/up-grade. I try tomorrow and get a hold on his son.

well lets not over load the cart,before you hook up the horse to it.You never know if the horse can pull it with the cart over loaded,in other words lets see the product on the show room floors before we can specliate on it. as far as HP,goes and Z28/SS/RS,&-V6 camaros. We know where Ford Mustang stands,as of now It's #1,as a Muscle car performance. Where is the GTO/well its there but not to inpressive to me,/ Fire-Bird,/Trans-Am/Camaro,& lets not forget Dodge/Mo-par, Yes thers the Viper,but that all Dodge has.But!!!,we may see a Shelby GT500-KR,in the near future,also a BOSS/Mustang,and a newer Mach1 soon. Spoke to SVT/Ford Racing today and I was informed rumer is in coperate upper,management we may be seeing a ShelbyGT500KR,in the near future,and also the other products are being disgused. Again we need to see it on the Dealers Show-Room Floor to believe it. And get your POCKET BOOKS/Heavy Checks out,if a Shelby-GT500-KR hit the dealerships. I was informed it will be a limited production and around 500/1000-units.You think the dealers market the shelby gt500s up,we havent't even begun imagining what they will be asking for this Shelby GT500KR over MSRP,and lets not forget the protype-AC-Cobra i'm sure Ford has not forgotten about that project/ market value over MSRP will be ENORMOUS----$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
well since i have heard 450 from 3 different credible sources including saleen who will be building camaro's i am inclined to believe it. 450 is not that big a deal when you look at n/a and gear ratios to improve milelage. the blown ss i am sure will have some sort of gas tax.

Don't be so sure that any of the Camaro's will have a gas guzzler tax. The GM V8 engines these days make incredible gas mileage relative to the competition (namely Ford and Dodge/Chrysler). The car's may be border-line tax or no tax (like the GTO) but I would say it is premature to be certain the SS will have a gas tax.

It is pretty well known that GM has been working on displacement on demand, direct injection, and variable valve timing. Who know's what if any of these features will find there way into a future Camaro.

But I do know this, my Camaro, along with all the other 98-02 LS1 cars, gets a lot better gas mileage than any Mustang of the same era did. It does take premium, but the greater horsepower is worth it. Then again, it probably wasn't worth it to the average joe and that is part of why the Camaro is no more.:)

I am very interested to see what GM does, but overall I am pretty happy with what Ford is doing with the Mustang, so I may be watching what GM does from the drivers seat of a Ford.;-)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Formula51 said:
Don't be so sure that any of the Camaro's will have a gas guzzler tax. The GM V8 engines these days make incredible gas mileage relative to the competition (namely Ford and Dodge/Chrysler). The car's may be border-line tax or no tax (like the GTO) but I would say it is premature to be certain the SS will have a gas tax.

i would think that the rumored ls8(v8 with blower, 550hp camaro ss) will have some sort of gas tax. this engine and the ls9(blown 650hp corvette ss) will not be hitting high 20's in milage like todays current high horsepower n/a gm automobiles. specially with the new fuel regulations coming in 09.:rollseyes

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
ON D BIT said:
i would think that the rumored ls8(v8 with blower, 550hp camaro ss) will have some sort of gas tax. this engine and the ls9(blown 650hp corvette ss) will not be hitting high 20's in milage like todays current high horsepower n/a gm automobiles. specially with the new fuel regulations coming in 09.:rollseyes

Today I was told when GT500 passed Federal testing it was approved for X3 year production run. Shelby will not have to face strict 09 test! That is how they did it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
TEABG said:
Today I was told when GT500 passed Federal testing it was approved for X3 year production run. Shelby will not have to face strict 09 test! That is how they did it.

cool!:-D all i am saying is that a major manufacturer will not put 3-4 years and millions of dollars into testing thier next hot car, if they do not already have a way to pass future emmissions regulations. believe me if gms engineers have already dealt with the 09 regulations involved with all thier future engine projects.

Users who are viewing this thread