1,300HP Mercury Comet BRAKE FAILURE CRASH

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Be lucky if he does not get sued up the ying yank for this stunt. Passenger might be also as knowing if was dangerous and not doing anything about it

jrandy

Established Member
Drag his feet?
the flintstones dino GIF

You wanted him to stick both feet out of his door?

yeaaaa. because dragging a foot out the door of a 4,000 lb car going 60 MPH will really help out a lot...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I gotta admit, I was laughing at the "he should've dragged his feet out the door" comment at work today. I kept hearing the sound of Fred Flintstone dragging his bare feet to stop the car.

Last edited:

coremaster21

Established Member
Seeing the driver tense up makes me cringe, I know its human nature but damn that's how you hurt yourself more. I think I would've tried to go in between the two cars not hit one straight on but like others said hindsight is 20-20.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Theyre actually lucky there was a van stopped there. Just inagine if he would have flown into the intersection with cross traffic. Theyd probably both be dead.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
This was tough to watch before my accident last Saturday. What a helpless feeling. Amen to the shoulder restraints, saved me and my brother's life.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
My bro and I were driving in my 1991 Nissan Pulsar GTIR that I literally just finished working on. Decided to put some brake in KM's on the rebuilt engine. Made it less that a km before a drunk driver hit us.
1658524656709.png

1658524718136.png

The driver has a crap load of charges against him. Fortunately, 2 counts of vehicular homicide isn't one of them

Attachments

• 1658524803240.png
    1658524803240.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My bro and I were driving in my 1991 Nissan Pulsar GTIR that I literally just finished working on. Decided to put some brake in KM's on the rebuilt engine. Made it less that a km before a drunk driver hit us.
View attachment 1755469
View attachment 1755470

The driver has a crap load of charges against him. Fortunately, 2 counts of vehicular homicide isn't one of them

Damn man, glad you and your brother are ok. No injuries?
That was a bad wreck.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Damn man, glad you and your brother are ok. No injuries?
That was a bad wreck.

Injuries were minor, thankfully. He was knocked out for a few minutes though and had to be extracted, that's why the car got cut up.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Injuries were minor, thankfully. He was knocked out for a few minutes though and had to be extracted, that's why the car got cut up.
Damn man!
Scary as hell. Very glad you’re both still around.
It’s cliché but cars can always replaced; people not so much.
-J

mlackke

Established Member
Theyre actually lucky there was a van stopped there. Just inagine if he would have flown into the intersection with cross traffic. Theyd probably both be dead.
Just rewatched the video, they got green light just before the impact in the intersection and there was no cross traffic. Also this Russ guy had 7 seconds from noticing there are no brakes to impact. I would think majority of drivers would have gone into panic mode and 7 sec is not enough time to think what to do (kill ignition, dragging the feet ..etc).

Btw just after they crashed, (around 6 minute mark), this white little car (Honda..etc) just bypasses their car and continue like nothing happened. Also no one seems to get out of their cars to go check either one of car (SUV / Mercury) passengers ok :rolleyes: Of course video only shows 10s after impact, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread