1/4 question...

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thought about that too. Alot of things have crossed my mind. :) Did you run your L with the street tune SWThomas?
Thanks for the input, you're a real help.
Tom
Would I make less power that way?
I'm going to wait on the 2.6, I'm no test L! lol.

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Lol! Was asking if you ran your L with her street tune?
I do appreciate the help though.

Well than that's my bad. I thought you were being sarcastic.

Yes, the time in my sig was with my street tune. If I would've been able to get some good traction I wouldn've ran low 11's. I expect to dip into the high 10's when I get my race tune dialed in.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Never sarcastic when it comes to help. The whole ? was after the :). Thats cool no worries. She made 623 and 640 with 93? Impressive. When are you getting the race tune?
Your squeaking ?, do you have idlers? My belt kept making that noise from 1to 2, actually heard the belt slipping. Put 3 100s with the MP bracket, no more squeak.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Never sarcastic when it comes to help. The whole ? was after the :). Thats cool no worries. She made 623 and 640 with 93? Impressive. When are you getting the race tune?
Your squeaking ?, do you have idlers? My belt kept making that noise from 1to 2, actually heard the belt slipping. Put 3 100s with the MP bracket, no more squeak.

The numbers in my sig is my race tune on a little 103 mixed with some 93. I have yet to run my race tune at the track. My street tune is somewhere around 580/610 on pump gas.

I think the squeak is coming from my accessory belt. I already have a Metco Auxiliary Idler Kit with two 92MM BilletFlow Pulleys. I could probably upgrade to the 100MM pulleys. The squeak is really bad and only happens on the 3-4 (OD) shift.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Still good #s. Squeaks are annoying, is it under WOT?
Why are we always limited to 580-600 on our street tunes? Is it so much based on the octane? What I would give for 650-700 everyday driving. Considered turbo, being my motor, cams fuel system, etc. can support it. Is this the only option?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Cylinder pressure and temps make 600Hp or so the most safe horsepower we can make with 93 octane fuel. The risk of detonation is too great to run more boost or timing on pump gas. This only applies to blower motors. Turbos can make more.
Sometimes I do fill up with race fuel and roam the streets on my race tune. I would never do a high speed highway run on that tune though. It does feel much stronger down low with the race timing. To push big #s JDM always wants to tune for C16 fuel for extra safety margin. I respect their conservative approach as I do not want to buy another motor.
Jim

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Same here Jim. I spent to much to play around.
I'll let you know when I'm heading out so I can get a look at that L of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread