1/4's on the pan handle?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Newly stationed here in Ft Walton (near pensacola) didn't know if there were any local tracks or even within a few hours drive from me??? Sure would love to get some times...

yelostang

Established Member
Do you guys know how many 03's are in the area(FWB)? Black10th I think you live near a few friends of mine in pippin gardens. I had a black 01 and have a yellow vert now. If that is you do you ever work?? I always see that car there.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I've seen only two other 03's in Ft walton, a mineral grey and a maroon one... So as far as I know not a whole lot out there...

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
yelostang-
Yes I live there....and I work alot! LOL

I have seen 3 or 4 03/04 Cobras running around.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Hey Black10th or anyone for that matter, do you know of any shops around here you would trust your car in the hands of? THinking of getting the car lowered. Would do it myself but I hear the IRS is a bitch. Have you had any shop experience?

yelostang

Established Member
don't go to big 10. I had some 18" steeda ultra lights on my GT and they ended up scratching them uppretty bad.

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
I would do it my self.....the base hobby shop has all the tools you would need....let me know, I can give you a hand.:beer:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Right on, I honestly might take you up on that... I am just paranoid about the multiple peices in the rear end. I lowered my 98 several times and that was a breeze, just have heard so much hype about the rear IRS install... I'll let you know when I get the springs... Thanx

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Not to bash anyone but there are two shops within 2 hours of you that tune mustangs almost exclusively..................stay away from them. Buy parts from them if you want but do your own installs.

I've dealt with both of them on tuning and installs and for my new motor my car is at a shop in Atlanta, GA.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I'll keep that in mind, I'm gonna go with a shop around here called MPH performance... I was gonna do my own install but just dont' have the tools I want to do the install on the IRS, so I'm gonna have them do it.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yes I do, I knew that was you, like I said in the PM, sorry I pussed out, but the wifie got scared to death the other night when I romped on it, kinda went sideways for a minute, so she was pleading with me not to get on it. Your maggies sound good dude.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Have you heard anything about the shop MPH performance? I think I'm gonna go with them to lower my ride. They quoted me $150, not too bad I don't think. I checked the auto hobby shop out but the only thing they had there to compress control arms were floor jacks, no bit jack stands or anything so I figure I might just as well have a shop do it.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
They're supposed to be off of Beal Pkwy in Ft walton, I called around and they're the only one that didn't say ".. I've never done an IRS install but I can try..." supposedly they've done them. Don't know if they're reputable or not. What else have you got done to that thing other than exhaust?

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
I don't think too many people have worked on IRS's around here...

I have an off road X, 2.8 pulley, apten ported eaton, MM subframes, powerstack filter.

How about you?

Users who are viewing this thread