1/4's on the pan handle?

yelostang

Established Member
03yllwguy don't go to MPH for anything. All the parts they get are off of the internet and i'm sure you can get the same deal if you just look. My friend has an older nissan 200sx that he was doing a motor swap on and MPH was going to do it. That job should have taken a day at the most for someone that knows what they are doing and the car sat there for 3 weeks before they even took the hood off. Well once the hood was off some clown up there ran it over. The story goes on and on and I know a few more people that won't let them touch their cars. Your best bet it to take it somewhere else. It might cost a little bit more but world ford in pensacola sells svt's so they have to work on them too. You just might want to go there.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
black 10th your mod list you PMd me is crazy! That's awesome, I bet you're pushing almost 100 hp over me. Well let's see, I got a cat back and CAI and a shifter... Pretty damn basic, but atleast I can run with most anything around here. Have you messed around wtih your suspension yet?

yelo stang, good heads up, I will definately steer way WAY clear of them then. Maybe I'll just do the spring job myself with the aid of what the auto hobby shop has. I really wanted to use a big floor jack, but maybe I'll just use their regular jacks they have there. Thanx.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Ok, hate to keep asking this, but I found Car concepts professional, Accelerated concepts, and Maksymyk's performance unlimited... Any info on these guys? Are they worth checking out? I just want to have a back up plan here, I can't stand having springs sit in a corner uninstalled..

yelostang

Established Member
i'll ask around about those last couple of places. I know alot of locals here that have the inside scoop about the car shops in this area.

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
O3yllw guy-
Only thing done to the suspension is QA1 adjustable shocks in the rear, they help with the wheel hop.

You guys missed a good outing to the track, there were 4 03/04 cobras there!

I got a new personal best today also:beer: :rockon:

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
Ok, hate to keep asking this, but I found Car concepts professional, Accelerated concepts, and Maksymyk's performance unlimited... Any info on these guys? Are they worth checking out? I just want to have a back up plan here, I can't stand having springs sit in a corner uninstalled..

Let me know when you want to do it.........we can do it ourselves at the hobby shop.....they have lifts and all the tools we would need.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
black10th, I would take you up on that, how do you compress the control arms there, they don't have the big floor jacks, so I guess you just have to use a regular jack and work on your back huh? If you know the procedure I will definately take you up on it, would save me money and probably get done the right way. Have you done something similar to yours?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Oh yeah, and what did you run? How did the other Cobras do, were they modded up?

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
We can use a tranny jack while its up on the lift....what springs did you get?
I am not positive but I think you might need a 4 wheel alignment after the drop, and camber caster plates for the front if it is a drop more than one inch.....

I ran a 7.4@95mph(1/8th mile) 1.71 60 foot.
The 04 cobra did not run, not enough miles on it yet...

I will let CobraSS post up his times if he wants:beer:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Have they figured out what VHT is at Holt yet? It was like ice skating last time I went out there (last year).:nonono:

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
I have had no problems at Holt.....Even when it was 43 degrees outside, still got 1.7x 60 foots

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
1.71 60ft times aren't bad man, what tires do you have? My 60 ft's last time I ran was 2.1... good times though. I hate to see what I would run.
Anyways, the auto hobby shop said they didnt' have any tranny jacks, but I suppose we could improvise. I will get an alignment done at a shop after the install, as for the caster camber plates Max Motorsports said I could hold off on those for now, that it was needed to get the proper alignment with the 1.5 drop. I got H&R supersports. I'm thinking of doing it this saturday morning. If you're free man, that would be awesome, but I hold no obligation. I just wanna get these ****er on the car. Let me know what you think...

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
You called the Eglin one right? I just did springs on a buddies GT up there, they have tranny jacks!!!

I run BFG drag radials at the track.

I would get some c/c plates soon, or you will be eating up the insides of your front tires.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You're kidding? I stopped in there saturday and asked because I didn't see any around and they said I would have to rent one. Well shit, if they have one that would make the job 10x easier. I plan on getting the CC plates, I just have a limited married life income right now. I'm gonna go for them next month, I just want to get the springs on the sucker now. Plus if I eat up my tires, I will be forced to buy good ones!
Are you running the radials all around or just on the rear?

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
I swapped the rears when I goto the track, they wear out waaaay too fast to run on the street all the time.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Not a bad idea... So when taking apart the rear of the IRS, the tranny jack just goes under each control arm and the shock is unbolted and the arm drops and the spring comes out right? That is after the IRS subfame is disconnected? I got the urethan isolators so the car shouldn't drop too much. But I'm gonna shoot to do them first thing saturday.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Swung by the shop today and they do have the jack as you said, I'm doing it first thing saturday...

Users who are viewing this thread