10.093 @ 135.78 '04 Cobra Vert/IRS/6spd/Whipple

G03SVT

Banned
RoushBoyd said:
Thanks eveyone!

Rim setup:

15x3 1/2 up front with lug centric 1 1/4'' spacers

15x10 6.5'' backspacing (26 X 10 ET Drag) on rear with 1/2'' spacer

I only have 12 passes in the car and made the first pass without nitrous last night at Gainesville and it was:

60' 1.477
1/8 6.586 @ 6.586
1/4 10.286 @ 133.11

Only got I good pass last night and I think my second alternator bit the dust.

Thanks for the info, I take it you did not have to do any grinding on the rear with the 1/2" spacer then?

Rwick7

Established Member
Red99SVT said:
I talked to you briefly, but you were in the staging lanes. I have to say your car was one of the most impressive cars there.

Where were you all weekend??? I never meet ya :cuss: :beer:

RoushBoyd

Established Member
Pulley Combo:

2.9 Upper & 4lb Lower

Rear wheel fitment:

I had to do some grinding (1/4'' or so) on the trailing arms where the rear tie rod connects. I also installed stainless brake lines which had a low profile banjo bolt. I have a set of M/T wheels and Weld Prostars which are the same size but the Prostars provide more clearance. If I would have started with the Prostars I would have had to do allot less grinding. I would say the Prostars provide about 1/8'' more clearance due to the design of the wheel.

YGETV8

Established Member
15x10 on an IRS? Cool! I always wondered if it was do-able! With the 1/2" spacer and the Prostars do you think the lines with the special banjo fitting would be necessary? Thanks!

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Fuggin sweet....Nice to see ya gettin it done with the IRS. It is sweet to see that IRS squat...can't do that with a stick rear!!! Congrats on one sick vert!!

S.O.B.

Sweet Old Bob!
Established Member
Looked over your car while I was there. Exceptional ride you have there! Runs like a bat out of hades too! You took a pretty rare car/color combo and made it fly. Congrats!:beer:

RoushBoyd

Established Member
Thanks Everyone!!!

Does this thing still have stock internals?????

Billet short block from VT Engines

what clutch setup you running?

Centerforce DFX

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Very sweet. Did you roll your rear quarters? Got any side shots? I just put ET drags on the car and broke an axle over the weekend. It will def pull 1.49's with good prep now that I did that, but now its time to upgrade axles. I love the IRS, it hooks great with such little work. I made alot of passes last year and had no axle problems (went 1.51 on et streets). This year Im not so lucky. What rpm are you launching it? hopefully broke7 will post the rest of the videos. Your def rolling out hard, we def know your the fastest irs 6 speed vert.

Users who are viewing this thread