10.5" rears on 2003 cobra

crazyhorse89

Established Member
So looking at getting new wheels for the cobra and prolly gonna go staggered with a 17x10.5 wheel. Also lowering the car with h&r race springs. What clearance issues should i expect and what size tires you guys running? Really want to avoid rolling the wheelwells at all cost. Thanks in advance for the input

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You're probably gonna want to roll the fenders. Your back will be pretty low with the race springs. 315 is the common size for a 10.5" wheel but you can go bigger or smaller.

Also you might need spacers and/or low profile bolts to clear the tires. I had 315's on 10.5" wheels without either and I cleared the bolt but everyone's car is different and it depends on what brand tire you go with. I would stay on the safe side and just get a pair of spacers.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They can cut your tires when you hit bumps or the rear of your car flexes in general.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I know just makes me nervous of causing damage to the paint. What size spacers?
On a 10.5 a 1/4" spacer will get your tires flush with the fender, which is what most people go for, but you will also need extended lugs and open ended lug nuts. Cheapest and easiest way to do what you are doing is spend the $16 on low profile bolts and call it a day. :beer:

cobracide

Established Member
You do not need to roll fenders. 3/8" spacer, open ended lugs, Arp studs. Buttonhead irs bolts. 315 35 17 tires on 10 1/2" rims.

1badsilversvt

turn up the boost
Established Member
I got 315's on mine with a 1/4in spacer and I'm running H&R sport springs. I don't have my fenders rolled and I haven't had a rub yet.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I'd roll the fenders and use the low profile bolt just to be safe. I have 3/8" spacers and ET lug nuts. Didn't need the low profile bolts but thought it was a good idea. My tires sit flush with the fenders.

y2kpony

Established Member
I'm gonna run 315s on a 10.5 wheel with just low profile bolts and then look into some coilovers to get the drop just right!

Users who are viewing this thread