10.5" rims up front???

mack83

Established Member
Is anyone here running 10.5" rims up front of their cars??? Will they fit?

My issue is that I've been waiting for months and months to get a set of black 03 replicas and I'm really getting tired of waiting. I can get the 10.5s but not the 9's.

Anyone got some good info???? Thanks

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
As if the turning radius on our cars didn't suck enough....

Short answer...wont fit. Be patient and get the right part.

mack83

Established Member
Ok thanks for the response guys. My tires are bald as can be all around and I get zero traction in first or second. I don't want to pay over a $100 to have the new nitto NT05s I got mounted and balanced and then a month or two later change them out because the rims finally came in stock.

Any thoughts on NT05 315s mounted on a stock 9" rim????

EDIT: Being a retard without a tire size = fail = me. :(

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ok thanks for the response guys. My tires are bald as can be all around and I get zero traction in first or second. I don't want to pay over a $100 to have the new nitto NT05s I got mounted and balanced and then a month or two later change them out because the rims finally came in stock.

Any thoughts on NT05s mounted on a stock 9" rim????

Sure why not? That's a tire model not a size!

boatcop1

Established Member
My bad. 315 NT05s. I fixed the original post :uh oh:

Although Nitto's run a tad narrower than the others I believe the NT05 315's are the widest 315 Nitto offers and I think you may be pushing the envelope on the 9" wheel. Your probably looking at significant bulge and mor eimportantly significant safety issues.

mlysaght

Established Member
I would say be patient, and wait for the 17x9 for the front. 10.5's will just not look good in the front. JMHO.

RoadRash

Established Member
I ran some ccw 17X10's up front and 17X11's out back on my 99 Cobra - This was just for road course and autoX though. Those suckers stuck out from the fender also. I wouldn't run anything bigger, esp. for a street car.

Jefe

Established Member
Theres black 18x9" Cobra rims on ebay. You may have to buy 4. I might be interested in splitting them with you though. PM me. Where are you getting 18x10.5s?

S04T

Established Member
315's on a 9" wheel won't work. IF you manage to get the tire on the wheel you will BURN through the center portion of the tire because they are crowned so badly.

Users who are viewing this thread