10.77 at 127.8 mph tonight in 99 Cobra

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Actually Friday night at San Antonio Raceway. On a 150 shot, I made it solidly into the 10s, after running all year at 3000 feet in West Texas with 6 passes between 11.04 and 11.10. I drove to good air in San Antonio specifically to get the elusive 10.xx and made it.

This is with a full tank of gas and both seats in a convertible that I will drive to work on Monday, LOL.

This is fun.

Joe

99cobrajms

Established Member
Joe, If you ever back to SAR, post a "heads up", I would like to come by from Austin and see that beast of yours run.

J

Cobra4pt6

Banned
joe i saw you at the track yesterday.... i was the guy in that black slammed 99 cobra in front of you n lane 7 when you first got there...congrats on the 10s

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Cobra4pt6--
You have a sweet car. Sorry I didn't get to make the rounds and talk to everyone. I had some electrical/chip problems that kept me pretty busy. I had three good passes and two not so good.

I love that San Antonio track, though. I will definitely be back. It is the first time I have ever gotten to run the car in good air.

Tony Strong is a friend of mine. He won the CoT even last year in his black 90 LX turbo car. He will be in the low 9s this year. I may come out with him.

There were a lot of strong Chebbies out there last Saturday, that's for sure. I wish I had been set up to run in True Street trim, although that would have slowed me a couple of tenths.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
It was 6.87 at 99.51 mph for the 1/8th. First time in the 7s as well.
And I drove it to work today....
sundayshop.jpg

mondaywork.jpg

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Awesome times. Nice car. You would never know it was a 10 second car by looking at it. Although the roll bar is a little intimadating

Joe Lynch

Established Member
26x10/15 ET Drags with L8 compound. I've never had any 28s. Even I was surprised at the 127.8 mph trap speed. Very surprised. Pleasantly surprised, LOL.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
RioRed4V--where to start....

Flat top JE pistons, Houston Performance CNC p/p heads, Houston Performance nitrous specific cams, SHM valve spring kit, HPP short runner intake for nitrous only, SHM oil pump and trigger wheel, BBK longtubes, Steeda pulleys, light battery, AJE crossmember, Skinnies, ET Drags 4.56 gears, Zone V Performance MAFterburner Plus and eFPC, JMS Chip and TwEECer (one or the other!), roll bar, driveshaft loop, alum driveshaft, SPEC Stage 3 clutch and alum flywheel, Chassis Engineering subframe connectors, Bailey wide band analyzer, PEP tach adapter and TC override, line lock, VDO tach,

Nitrous Express EFI nitrous kit, '03 Cobra pump, Aeromotive regulator and return line. C&L meter and JJ air pipe.

I did everything but the welding and machine work. Everything done by others is perfect. Most of the stuff I did is OK, LOL.

Joe

Last edited:

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
First off great runs in a vert makes me feel good. Is there anyway you could take some pics of the interior where the roll bar is mounted and if you could also share with me where you got that thing. Looks very good. thats something ive been looking for for some time now.

Users who are viewing this thread