10.77 at 127.8 mph tonight in 99 Cobra

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I'll see if I can get some pics up on Friday or Saturday. I had it made in a shop in Crane, TX starting with a Chassis Engineering chromemoly kit. The guy knew what he was doing. I may have to convert it to an 8 point.

Joe

RioRed4v

Established Member
Originally posted by Joe Lynch
RioRed4V--where to start....

Flat top JE pistons, Houston Performance CNC p/p heads, Houston Performance nitrous specific cams, SHM valve spring kit, HPP short runner intake for nitrous only, SHM oil pump and trigger wheel, BBK longtubes, Steeda pulleys, light battery, AJE crossmember, Skinnies, ET Drags 4.56 gears, Zone V Performance MAFterburner Plus and eFPC, JMS Chip and TwEECer (one or the other!), roll bar, driveshaft loop, alum driveshaft, SPEC Stage 3 clutch and alum flywheel, Chassis Engineering subframe connectors, Bailey wide band analyzer, PEP tach adapter and TC override, line lock, VDO tach,

Nitrous Express EFI nitrous kit, '03 Cobra pump, Aeromotive regulator and return line. C&L meter and JJ air pipe.

I did everything but the welding and machine work. Everything done by others is perfect. Most of the stuff I did is OK, LOL.

Joe

wow..a little more work in your car than i had thought.

car runs awesome though man. congrats.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Near as I can tell, the engine work is worth at least a 0.5 second. The car ran 11.6 at altitude with the stock motor on a 100 shot, so I bet it would have run 11.3 or so at San Antonio last week. It was not a slouch with the stock motor. I just never went to sea level and ran it like we did last week.

The secret to this car's performance is the launch. I can get 1.43-1.45 60' with the new motor and I could also do it with the stock motor on a 100 shot. That is better than most 4.6L convertibles. I got the chassis right on motor, THEN went to the power adder, a little additional power at a time.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread