10.97 With Stock Trans, Rear and Shifter!!!!

abailey269

Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
MOD LIST: (no secrets here)
Suspension:Completly stock excluding the front sway bar and stock wheels w/ 315 35R 17 BFG Drag Radials/Full interior
Exhaust: BBK Longtubes:2 1/2" Off Road H-pipe:3"Flowmaster Catback
Engine: Bolt-ons
2.80 JLP Upper/6lb Metco Lower/Billetflow 90mm Idler (yes there is still belt slip)
Twin 65mm BBK TB/Ported Stock inlet (by me) {I guess the BBK does work good }
Meziere Electric Pump
JLP Ram Air System
JLP Tuned Diablosport Chip
94 Octane Sunoco PUMP GAS!!!!!!!
SPEC Stage 3 Clutch/ Stock shifter and Gears

I just got a new tune today and it felt great can't wait for sunday.
I'm surprised more people aren't interested in my run? I'm pretty sure noone else has done it with the stock drivetrain without Nitrous.

Nice times!! How much power are you making at the rear tires? How bad was the boost falling off? What was it peaking at?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
F8L,
I am definitely interested in the times you ran. If I can see the 10's I'll be very happy. That's my goal.
Those are great times!!!:beer:

Just out of curiosity, what levels of boost do you peak at and what do they drop off to and when? I'd like to compare them to mine. I'm hitting between 16 & 17 and dropping off to around 14 after 5K or so. Not real positive on those numbers yet since I just had last weekend to play around. I also don't have the extra idler yet.
My car is on standby until I get this PCM mess fixed.

Again, Congrats on the Times.

Dana

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
On that pass my blower was cool enough to hold 20psi in 4th gear through the traps!
On other passes that day I was seeing loss of boost, due to heat and belt slippage but I believe I have that solved but we'll see.

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Great times!!
One question though..You said you were running 20psi. Everything I find on here says that the maximum efficiency for the stock eatons is 16 psi or so. Are you running a Kenne Bell?

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I will be so happy when my idlers get here, so I can get rid of the slip. I am only seeing 13lbs of boost, don't get me wrong I am still making good numbers but will like to see what happens when I make the real boost. BTW Great Time............Big Congrats

jtfx6552

Established Member
I don't understand the fascination with vids? I've seen Pete's 10.06 video, it looks just like his 9.99 video until the clocks come on. I'm sure F8tlbites 10.97 looks just like the previously posted 11.19 run of his?

Are some people doubting that it happened, or is it just a case of wanting to see a 3 inch by 4 inch grainy shakey compressed consumer camera vid of yet another Cobra running down the 1/4?

JT

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
I don't understand the fascination with vids? I've seen Pete's 10.06 video, it looks just like his 9.99 video until the clocks come on. I'm sure F8tlbites 10.97 looks just like the previously posted 11.19 run of his?

Are some people doubting that it happened, or is it just a case of wanting to see a 3 inch by 4 inch grainy shakey compressed consumer camera vid of yet another Cobra running down the 1/4?

JT

Some people just like to watch them.

I do. I keep them all just to hear / see them. They are cool!

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member

JT

You mean everybody sees it as being grainy and shakey? And here I thought it was due to my advanced age and diminshed senses. Hell, now I know why those "other" videos I download from the net are full of grainy and shakey naked people...........

mosconiac

Established Member
Kinda begs the question of why people watch the same movie twice...
or why they laugh when they hear the same joke again...
or why we pay big money to see Top Fuelers make more than one pass down the quarter.

It always the same, no?

You know, I've never stood up after the first John Force pass and said, "You know, I'm going home...I've seen all I need to see".

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac
or why we pay big money to see Top Fuelers make more than one pass down the quarter.

It always the same, no?

You know, I've never stood up after the first John Force pass and said, "You know, I'm going home...I've seen all I need to see".

Actually, if you see Johnj Force make a clean run, you might as well leave cuz most likely he's going to be the guy in the winners circle.......:burnout:

SVT 03 Cobra

Originally posted by F8LBITE
MOD LIST: (no secrets here)
Suspension:Completly stock excluding the front sway bar and stock wheels w/ 315 35R 17 BFG Drag Radials/Full interior
Exhaust: BBK Longtubes:2 1/2" Off Road H-pipe:3"Flowmaster Catback
Engine: Bolt-ons
2.80 JLP Upper/6lb Metco Lower/Billetflow 90mm Idler (yes there is still belt slip)
Twin 65mm BBK TB/Ported Stock inlet (by me) {I guess the BBK does work good }
Meziere Electric Pump
JLP Ram Air System
JLP Tuned Diablosport Chip
94 Octane Sunoco PUMP GAS!!!!!!!
SPEC Stage 3 Clutch/ Stock shifter and Gears

I just got a new tune today and it felt great can't wait for sunday.
I'm surprised more people aren't interested in my run? I'm pretty sure noone else has done it with the stock drivetrain without Nitrous.

my question is... do you have a roll bar? and who built it?

Jayson

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac

It always the same, no?

There is a big difference between Top Fuelers and an '03. Even at that, whatching top fuelers on TV pretty much sucks, let alone some low resolution feed on a computer. But to each his own, I personally would rather see the dragstrip from inside my car, but that is just me.

The main thing that irks me is people demanding a video, as if it is somehow BS if there isn't one posted.

JT

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Efi-Street
Why don't you go back to driving your Supra until you can learn to spell Cobra.

lay off the username. there aren't alot of XXXcobraXXX left.

Last edited by a moderator:

03DOHC

Established Member
The main thing that irks me is people demanding a video, as if it is somehow BS if there isn't one posted.

JT
I ask for vids not because I don't believe, it's because I like to watch them and listen to the cars. When I am between jobs and miles away from my car I enjoy throwing the CD in my laptop and watching car vids from my growing collection.:beer: It might not jingle your bell, but it keeps me entertained when I have nothing to do and no internet connection.:-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread