10.99 @ 128.49 - In Car Video

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Uh, VENOMOUS03COBRA, you out there man?? We've got some people here who want to learn how to drive (well, basically only myself) and a few people interested in how you mount your video camera in your car....

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Wow no l/t's in your list of mods 10's with stock manifolds kick ass! Boy you can drive for sure! Mad props! Are you running the stock clutch and if so how many miles on it?:rockon:

Last edited:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS03COBRA
the t56 that comes in these cars are also in vipers and z06's , they are probably the best 6 speeds out there. i shift like that every single time i get on it, its almost a reflex now. ive ran my car probably 100 times and my tranny is 110% perfect. no shifting problems or noises what so ever. i think if your precise with your shifting and dont miss alot or grind the gears, its no more stress on the tranny then granny shifting. it might eat the clutch a little more , but you have to pay if you want to go fast, right?

as far as power wise, theres guys running around with 600-750 rwhp with no tranny problems at all. ive yet to here any one blowing up there tranny in these cars. i have 516 rwhp and 498 rwtq on motor and 557 rwhp and 538 rwtq on 30 shot . my car was down 20 rwtq , the day i dynoed so spray , so it has around 550ish rwtq

Actually the viper t56 and cobra ones are a little different. The viper is the close ratio version rated at 550 lb-ft of torque and the cobra is the wide ratio rated at 440 lb-ft. Also the viper has a .50 6th gear and the gobra has a .62 6th. Heres some more info. http://www.ddperformance.com/t56__6_speed transmissions.htm

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
sorry it took so long for me to respond.

blk03svtcobra - i have a pro 5.0 shifter and a spec 3 clutch. you can shift like that , no matter what is in the car , you just need the confidence. the only advice i can give you , is dont time anything or think about what you have to do, just hit the clutch and shift as fast as you can at the same exact time. the car will do the rest. hehe good luck and thanx for all the compliments!!

as far as the camera, i had it on a tripod, seatbelted in and with one leg planted into the back of the armrest. it works pretty good.

brad65ford - thanx alot bro!! i had my stock clutch for about 6000 miles , then i switched to a spec 3. its been holding up for me great. i have almost 12,000 now , and its still going, with plenty of high 10 and low 11 sec passes.

2002Z06yellow - yea i still have the stock gears. the whole car is basically stock , just the usual cobra boltons. these cars have to be driven hard and powershifted to keep the boost up , thats why my speed is what it is. i went 122.54 with only 438 rwhp SAE. thanx for the props!!! i love your car, only other car i would buy besides the cobra, your color and all.

04Torchvert

Established Member
VENOMOUS03COBRA said:
thanx alot bro!! i aprreciate it!! i think i do remember you, that was like a month and a half ago. im always getting thrown out of there , but this time , they were a little more serious. the guy remembered me and my car and said , thats it , no more. im not allowed back until im fully certified. so im done at atco for a little bit until i can sneak by them again. lol ;-)

PROPSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Nice! Gettin in 10's with stock blower, little shot and stock drivetrain!!!!!!! O u make us proud!!!!

04Torchvert

Established Member
04Torchvert said:
PROPSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Nice! Gettin in 10's with stock blower, little shot and stock drivetrain!!!!!!! O u make us proud!!!!

well didn't mean stock blower, ported but stock one no KB or whipple or anything

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Damn that is some badass shifting. I'm too damn nervous to try to shift like that. Well I'll know when I get my blower ported that it will be capable of those times, but its up to me :bash: Nice runs man and great footage!

04Torchvert said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't on NO2 on those runs or was he? Either way its badass :bowdown:

Last edited:

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Awesome vid , and great driving. Its fun to watch and makes Wi. winter here seem even longer. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread