10 hr trip to Amazon

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
when you get tired of that F1A... you need an F1X!

as stated in another thread, the F1X is waaaaayyyyy too big to be spun by a mod motor. I talked to John at procharger about the F2M coming back and he said that there are no plans to bring it back currently. bummer.

How did you check it that accurately?

the tensioner is stiff as hell, so I set it as far as I could against the belt. simple as that. musta worked cause I push 23.9 psi with a 8 rib belt and zero slip.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
sounds like the problem then imo.

I'm going to have to disagree, many people have my style kit with the same tensioner with no issue. My bracket style/configuration leaves me with no other choice when it comes to tensioner design or position. With this kit, it is what it is.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
as stated in another thread, the F1X is waaaaayyyyy too big to be spun by a mod motor. I talked to John at procharger about the F2M coming back and he said that there are no plans to bring it back currently. bummer.

the tensioner is stiff as hell, so I set it as far as I could against the belt. simple as that. musta worked cause I push 23.9 psi with a 8 rib belt and zero slip.

It's not apples to apples but ronnie diaz runs a mod motor and an f1x...not a great comparison but it not exactly apples to oranges

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i believe its a stroked 5.4 with Gt heads on it. not your run of the mill 4.6L but it makes pretty good power. hes been 4.80's to the 1/8 with it.

its gear driven also but i dont think that makes a difference other then i dont think you could fit the X where you guys are putting them currently

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
yea they are... between them and the BBNOS combos with the split systems a SBNOS doesnt have a shot. weve melted a handful of pistons this year already
Yeah ET's have really plummeted in that class, last year if you were running 5 teens you had a chance to make rounds NOW 4.90's won't even make the field in the Big events. Fiscus debuted a new 275 car last weekend at Bradenton and beat Pirez in the final on a holeshot!
I'm betting records will be shattered in X275 at E-town, but I'm seriously doubting anyone's gonna run an 4.0 at trap 200 in Outlaw 10.5 like predicted at the YB Nationals..

brandont70

No Money
Established Member
How is it coming Quick?
I'm glad this didn't turn into a bash Rick fest! He just tuned my 03 with an F1A 6 rib. I had cheap boost lines on it and they kept popping off. It made 591 @ 13 lbs on his mustang dyno. Thats 40hp more than my KB 2.6 made at 18lbs. I am ready for the 18lb numbers with this blower!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread