10 spline - 26 spline ??

still running the 10 spline or went with the 26?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
tjs98gt said:
im running a 26 spline upgrade on my TKO, didnt wanna chance it
The "TKO" is 26 spline anyway. On my old 3550 I bought a 26 spline input for it, but never put it in. I beat the tar out of the 10 spline in it running high 1.4's 60 foots, mid 10's @ 133, and never had an issue. It was a heavier than full weight '93 cobra (Roll bar, turbo system, 3630 lbs w/me in it).

I know the '03/04 cobras are heavier and that does play a big part, but regardless, IMO, the 26 spline is an upgrade only needed by a select few. Although, I guess there's nothing wrong with a little preventive strengthening.

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member

I have the stock input shaft with a spec 3+ and 470hp 460tq

I am amazed I didnt break anything after the terrible wheel hop i had my first few attempts with the new clutch. Im wishing I stayed with a FMS clutch that could slip.

Hoping some MT ET STREETS will make the difference...hopefully my stage two shafts will hold up!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
I personally think it's more hype than anything.

That seems to happen here a lot. Somebody breaks something, and all of SVTP thinks they need to replace theirs too before it breaks. When in reality, it's plenty strong for 99% of people here.

For example: IRS parts, Pulley parts, clutch parts, trans parts, cooling parts...I've seen a couple things out of each of those that were completely unnecessary for most typical street cars.

Upgrading parts for more strength is fine, but just because it's the thing to do on the internet doesn't mean you're walking on thin ice if you don't.

Anyway, that's JMO. Most probably won't agree with it. It's pretty clear by the results of this poll that the 10 spline seems strong enough for the average Joe. As far as strength, it's no different than the one in the Tremec 3550, and that's been proven to go low 10's high 9's depending on weight.

Soooooooo true and I am guilty of it to some extent

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^^^We all are because none of us like breakage/carnage!!!

Hell look at post#8!!! Holy Sheitzers!

Users who are viewing this thread