10 spline question.

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
Im going whipple very soon.So im going to do a dfx and a steel flywheel.How much power will the 10 spline hold?im guessing im going to make 600 to 640whp on 17 to 19psi and i will never go past that as this is my daily driver street car.Also there will be no wheel hop issues as im swapping in a solid axle.

mods will be
whpple 2.3
60lbs injectors
95mass
jlt fender mount intake
2.5 off road x pipe with dynomax mufflers and flow tubes
3.55 solid axle 8.8 with adjustable control arms full length sub frames
then the dfx clutch.
shooting for 600 to 640whp
Will the 10 spline live?
Thanks

Also going to do the head tick repair on the driver head while i have the tranny out.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I would suggest you to replace it. The clutch is the same price as a 10 spline. But the input shaft is $215 if I remember right from lethalperformance.com.

YellowCobra28

Established Member
what's the "safe" limit on the 10?

Not sure exactly, but I can tell you I run nitrous with my 10 and do 530rwhp and 600TQ, and it has held up. Still on stock clutch for a year now on the nitrous. If I did have to drop the tranny, I'd go the 26 spline, in case you wanted more power, without having any doubts that it will break. Hope this helps you.

silvercobramike

Established Member
Im also interested in knowing this as well (the limits of the 10 spline). I plan on a 100 hit on my ported blower and 2.76 upper. What all is involved with installing a 26 spline?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have the 10 spline and have made probably 100+ launches at the track. I have just under 500rwhp. So far, so good.

I recently got into road racing, which is easier on the drivetrain than drag racing, so I bet I won't have any problems.

Just in case I do have a spare I picked up on Ebay awhile back for $20 shipped.

03cobramanIII

Banned
mines still ok #s at the bottom. i got stock clucth still too. going to drive it till it slips then swap out to 26 splines at that time

SlowSVT

Established Member
The effective diameter on the 10 spline shaft is about the same as the pilot bearing. It will probably survive if you don't do 5000 rpm launches running 4:10's and DR's. Persoanally I would spend the $250 for the 26 sline shaft.

If you do break it and need another 10 spline I'll sell you mine which is collecting dust

Users who are viewing this thread