100 Shot 11 5.0 GT vs Pullied 09 GT500 vs Eaton Mach, 5.0 GT vs 11 GT500 vs Cam 00 SS

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
The pullied GT500 and the 5.0 are pretty close, both with quite a bit of traction issues. The 5.0 had more bottle pressure on last race with the Mach 1, than the first race, but spun more, so pretty much a wash.

Agreed, only got one clean run with the mach and the 5.0 was barely pulling. If he pullies it or anything he would get me. I would spin all of third gear so had to always short shift to 4th. My broke ass had to wait on wheels so thats my fault. him and the SS would get the jump and i'd spin, no big deal. thats all part of the fun.

the pullied gt500 would pull me in the top of his gears then shift, id pull a little then shift then back to him. lol i think he might get me by a little bit right now. but shaving 100 lbs off wheels soon will help alot. DAMN 19s are heavy. If it helped like it did on the mach, i will shit my pants. he gained 2-3 cars on me when i just had cai/tune.

Fun runs tho, and Speeder is the man for making the videos.

corysmach1

Established Member
the 2011 Gt with long tubes light wheels (slicks and skinnies) and a 150 shot will roll out.

Comp is also working on some big cams for that car also.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
watching that makes me want to put the bottle to my 5.0

DO IT!!!! strictly performance has been running a 250 on thiers for awhile. Now that being said a couple shops busted theres at 250 lol So i think 100-150 will prolly run all day.

Only thing i dont like is the new TI-vct is kinda ripping off the top in. When the cams are lower rpm they have a wider lca making great power on spray, but as the rpm climb, overlap increases (good for n/a tho) and bottle pressure drops losing quite a bit of power. 566 at 4k to 501 at 7k at 1100 psi, then 537 4k to 501 at 7k at 950. think if they ever finishing making cams, i think it will pick up alot more up top on spray. Most people arent adjusting the stock cam timing either to keep the lca widen. Jmho but we will see when some good nitrous cams come out. prolly be the first to order LOL

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
DO IT!!!! strictly performance has been running a 250 on thiers for awhile. Now that being said a couple shops busted theres at 250 lol So i think 100-150 will prolly run all day.

Only thing i dont like is the new TI-vct is kinda ripping off the top in. When the cams are lower rpm they have a wider lca making great power on spray, but as the rpm climb, overlap increases (good for n/a tho) and bottle pressure drops losing quite a bit of power. 566 at 4k to 501 at 7k at 1100 psi, then 537 4k to 501 at 7k at 950. think if they ever finishing making cams, i think it will pick up alot more up top on spray. Most people arent adjusting the stock cam timing either to keep the lca widen. Jmho but we will see when some good nitrous cams come out. prolly be the first to order LOL

wow thats dropping a lot of power up top.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Agreed, only got one clean run with the mach and the 5.0 was barely pulling. If he pullies it or anything he would get me. I would spin all of third gear so had to always short shift to 4th. My broke ass had to wait on wheels so thats my fault. him and the SS would get the jump and i'd spin, no big deal. thats all part of the fun.

the pullied gt500 would pull me in the top of his gears then shift, id pull a little then shift then back to him. lol i think he might get me by a little bit right now. but shaving 100 lbs off wheels soon will help alot. DAMN 19s are heavy. If it helped like it did on the mach, i will shit my pants. he gained 2-3 cars on me when i just had cai/tune.

Fun runs tho, and Speeder is the man for making the videos.

The problem with that is, they always take my videos down, because of music. Youtube commenters are also the worst. Maybe I can try Vimeo or something?!

He was taking the hit on most of the runs as well.

Yea that ss is most likely only trapping 115-118 so its quick but from a roll the others cars roll out

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
That and Vig converters SUCK on the top end anyway lol. He got beat pretty badly by the Mach 1 awhile back, changed to 3.73's, and added a cutout and wanted a rematch.......

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Thank god for these vids lol.. helps me get through the winter!

I want a new 5.0...

Users who are viewing this thread