?? 100 shot and 2.80 with mt drs

hsssss03

Established Member
i will let you guys how it goes i might have to race the vette but i now that i will get beat, but i really don't care i can fit more girls in my car, :pepper: :D

GodStang

Established Member
mavereq said:
i don't completely sidestep, but i let it out pretty damn fast. last races i was launching at 3k. i have switched to 4.10's and a 28" e/t street, so i am going to launch a little higher.

3K???? Thats not launching that is puttering out. Lets see some 5.5K side steps. haha just messing with you. I wish you luck as long as you can avoid wheel hop or have Ryans luck you can sometimes last on stockers.

mavereq

Established Member
GodStang said:
3K???? Thats not launching that is puttering out. Lets see some 5.5K side steps. haha just messing with you. I wish you luck as long as you can avoid wheel hop or have Ryans luck you can sometimes last on stockers.

i was pulling 1.6 60ft times on an unprepped, uphill track. i didn't have my bf brace on yet so i didn't want to really hammer it.

i put the brace on when i dropped the pumpkin for the gear install and also put aluminum diff mounts in. the next race is june 23-24 so we'll see if i can get some lower 60ft times.

RixSikcobra04

Snapped my driveshaft and abslolutely destroyed the pumpkin after my Nittos hooked up...that was with about 500/500 to the wheels. Half shafts held though and I put a girdle on the IRS before I killed that as well. Needless to say I don't do launches like that anymore AND I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT LAUNCH WITH A 100 shot on top of his 2.8 setup. I don't spray in 1st at all(unless I'm showin' off or somethin':burnout: ), it's pointless even with DR's. The OP's power should be sufficient to get the ball rollin' THEN hit the spray. I've got a 150+ shot on mine and it's pretty squirrly even hittin' it in 2nd....Funner'n hell though:rockon:

rtusnake

Established Member
Seems most guys break their stock halfshafts with drag radials or street tires at the track. I'm on 26x10 et drags and leave about 5500 and i'm still holding up so far.

Users who are viewing this thread