10s on 6psi - Turbo

Screamin363

Established Member
Easy install. Just make sure you run the scavenging pump to something other than the fuse box in the engine compartment. If you draw too much current from fuse#49 you could be having issues like I did. Tap into the Sync on passenger fuse box(in cab).
The rest is easy. Contact BBR and let it eat!

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I can say that after a ride in the car at 5.3 psi, I was getting a little nervous. It really does fly. I also think he has more left in it at just 6psi. Needs the driver mod all the way down track!!! He does shift slow. ;-) I will be cheating with the auto!

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
yeah i need to get off my ass and buy a turbo Kit,

Although Steve and Chris @BBR have done well to get my car into the 10's on a mail order tune for a 150 shot with an NX plate.

I have bought all my suspension and engine mods from them from day one and its been a great time.

but to respond to the OP to whoever's car that is you will be very impressed with more suspension. . .I have the BMR adjustable LCAs and relocation brackets along with the BMR upper and pan hard bar and the BBR subframe connectors

on a set of 275x50 15's coming off the 2 step at 4500 and on the kit it is still bogging badly. the damn car will hook on ice ( i chalk that up to the 3.31s ).

oh and just to let everyone know the stock clutch WILL hold a **** ton of power because i have well over 30 passes Motor and Nitrous always on radials and its holding on for dear life, plus the car is about to roll over to 40,000 miles, spend your money in hte right places and dont fall into the fad products and you will be impressed. I am pretty sure if i looked through all my receipts from BBR i have less that 3k in EVERYTHING i have done to this car and its a monster

10.93 @ 127mph 1/4mile
1.67 60 FT

6.97 @ 108mph 1/8mile
1.63 60 FT

thanks to the folks at BBR for the right set up and tuning it right the first damn time and letting me keep my motor together !!!!!!!!!!!!!
( its been awhile since I have bragged on them lol )

- Mike

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
If they were a bit cheaper,I would have one!

actually compared to others, its around the same

We offer a kit that includes:

Precision 67mm Turbo
Precision 43mm Wastegate
80lb Injectors
BBR Custom Tune
NGK 1 degree Colder Plugs

for $6325.00 with free shipping

nicksender

Established Member

Precision 67mm Turbo
Precision 43mm Wastegate
80lb Injectors
BBR Custom Tune

A couple questions:

1) Do you need to tap the oil pan for an oil return line?
2) Do you need to wrap any engine components due to heat from the turbo?
3) What is the rough RWHP+RWTQ with the kit/tune above on a stock vehicle?

Thanks!

chris1badL

Established Member
A couple questions:

Thanks!

1) No tapping the oil pan, thats what the scavenger pump is for.
2) The turbo sits under the driver side headlight so its not near the engine.
3) Mine made 565rwhp 541tq with 8psi.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
A couple questions:

Thanks!

1.) its comes with a external oil pump. No tapping.
2.) All of it is underneath. I would always wrap anything near the hot side piping.
3.) automatic / manual on 6-7psi will range between 540-575 hp and 550-590trq (all logistics apply too)

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

Precision 67mm Turbo
Precision 43mm Wastegate
80lb Injectors
BBR Custom Tune

What else is needed? How much cutting/trimming on the car is there?

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
there should not be any cutting or trimming. . .its not an Ebay Turbo kit manufactured in india in a assembly plant powered by the sweat and tears of child slave labor.

when I looked into this kit the only Mod I was going to make was a hole in the bumper because I was going to shove the turbo in the bumper so I could stick peoples fingers in my turbo easily.

kbroush

Established Member
This might be worth doing over the twin turbo kit I think. A lot simpler and cheaper. I like the idea of a scavanging pump to keep the oil system for the turbo seperate as well. I wonder though does the twin turbo hellion kit come with a scavenger pump? I thought they tapped the oil pan as well.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

Only thing I would recommend is getting more wrap (it comes with some but never have enough), I also recommend up grading the turbo blanket to a Heatshield brand (which we prefer over others) and a downpipe wrap as well.

HeatShield makes all this and we always use

The only cutting will be on the other side of the bumper. And its pretty much the same spot that Vortech/ Paxton, Procharger, ect have you trim

That is the ONLY cutting needed if installed correctly

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

This might be worth doing over the twin turbo kit I think. A lot simpler and cheaper. I like the idea of a scavanging pump to keep the oil system for the turbo seperate as well. I wonder though does the twin turbo hellion kit come with a scavenger pump? I thought they tapped the oil pan as well.

The single kit will make some good power and great for the street. Will take longer to spool over the twins and more boost to get were the twins are but still a fun system. We have been doing a lot of work with them the past year.

The twins do tap the pan. Both have their advantages in the long run and very trustworthy.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Ok, so there is some cutting involved. . . my bad, but just about any forced induction power adder is going to require some kind of effort to install. . .or any ole idiot could do it.

Thats why i went with Nitrous. . . .my retarded ass installed that NX plate kit drunk on Moonshine while arguing with my wife about my spending money on hot rod parts instead of her.

so i say you turbo your car and about a 100 shot on it :). . .and a drive shaft unless you like having Drivshafts hanging out with you in your passenger seat or center console

Users who are viewing this thread