10th leather

Weslsew

Established Member
What are you guys with 10th anniversary editions using on the leather? I am in need of a product to use regularly to keep the leather looking nice. I did the leatherique treatment a few months ago, and the results were great. However, the leather eventually dries and dulls. I don't want to go through that process again yet plus it's so cold now. I have tried chemical guys leather conditioner, and I'm currently using optimum leather protectant. I love the look right after application, but after a day or two it fades and the leather seems dried and just not "healthy." Is there a product that keeps the red inserts looking soft and bright and keeps the carbon fiber leather soft and shiny?

LS2GTO

Established Member
Griots Garage leather rejuvenator...IMO the best leather conditioner out there and I have tried *almost* everything for restoring/maintaining leather seats including leatherique which is not even close to as good.

Weslsew

Established Member
Griots Garage leather rejuvenator...IMO the best leather conditioner out there and I have tried *almost* everything for restoring/maintaining leather seats including leatherique which is not even close to as good.

Never used any of their products but I will pick some up and report back!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Griot's is all rebranded (other manufacturer's products). Leatherique is the godfather of leather products.

Weslsew

Established Member
Griot's is all rebranded (other manufacturer's products). Leatherique is the godfather of leather products.

I love leatherique but I think of that as a once a year treatment since it's such a process. I need a product I can just apply to a mf and wipe down the seats every week.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I love leatherique but I think of that as a once a year treatment since it's such a process. I need a product I can just apply to a mf and wipe down the seats every week.

It is a bitch I agree. I don't DD my car so I only need to use it once or twice a year at best. Look into Connolly Hide Food. It's less messy and meant for more often apps.

http://www.autogeek.net/cohica1.html

Last edited:

Weslsew

Established Member
I got some of the griots rejuvenator, and I do not like it at all. It left the leather super sticky and streaky. I don't know if I got a bad batch cause this stuff sucks. It came out slightly thinner than molasses, and went on super shiny. After letting it sit for two days, the seat is super greasy and sticky, and has shiny streaky spots. Hopefully I can get this stuff off.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Up for some feedback on the Swissvax Leather Kit. I gave it a try yesterday and had great results. My seats were already in great condition but this took them up a notch. I used the Leather Cleaner and Leather Milk and both complemented each other well. Leather cleaner cleaned the seats and removed dirt from the seats that weren't even visible. I then used the leather milk which moisturized the seats and made the leather supple.

I can't say that this will restore seats that have shown a lot of age, but I can say these took seats that were already perfect up a notch in how they look. I'd recommend this to anyone with a 10th Anniversary or Mystichrome leather interiors. It would also work well on Cobras with suede inserts, but you'd obviously need to take the time to mask and cover the sueded areas.

I plan to tint the windows in the near future, so I'll be repeating this application. I may do a full and more detailed review at that time.

oldmodman

Established Member
I only use Leatherique when the leather gets dirty.

But I give the leather a wipe with these pre moistened leather treatment "clothes"

http://www.autogeek.net/meggolclasri.html

They keep the leather soft and have prevented cracking. I've been using it on leather seats for 7 years with great results. Because it is so easy to use and so little effort they get used frequently. So often that the leather never gets a chance to dry out. I also found a bunch of them on Walmart's close out shelf at $2.00 each and I just couldn't keep from getting them.

Weslsew

Established Member
Up for some feedback on the Swissvax Leather Kit. I gave it a try yesterday and had great results. My seats were already in great condition but this took them up a notch. I used the Leather Cleaner and Leather Milk and both complemented each other well. Leather cleaner cleaned the seats and removed dirt from the seats that weren't even visible. I then used the leather milk which moisturized the seats and made the leather supple.

I can't say that this will restore seats that have shown a lot of age, but I can say these took seats that were already perfect up a notch in how they look. I'd recommend this to anyone with a 10th Anniversary or Mystichrome leather interiors. It would also work well on Cobras with suede inserts, but you'd obviously need to take the time to mask and cover the sueded areas.

I plan to tint the windows in the near future, so I'll be repeating this application. I may do a full and more detailed review at that time.

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a great kit but also sounds like it would replace the leatherique treatment. It doesn't sound like the leather milk is the product I'm looking for, especially for the price.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Thanks for the review! Sounds like a great kit but also sounds like it would replace the leatherique treatment. It doesn't sound like the leather milk is the product I'm looking for, especially for the price.

No problem. This kit would certainly replace Leatherique. However with the results I achieved with how little bit of effort I put in, you simply can't go wrong with the ease of use.

Then there is the price, which is another obstacle as it is not cheap. But for me this initial application proved worth the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread