11-12 With ARH?

MattR

Established Member
Does anyone have 1 7/8 ARH headers with the off road H pipe? Did you need to do any modification to the off road H pipe? I'm having issues attaching the cat back. For whatever reason my cat back hits just behind the H pipe where it jogs in and the back out.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
H pipe is likely not seated correctly on the collector. Use some wd40 and a mallet to push it forward on the headers. I had a similar issue with my X that a bit of persuasion solved after much frustration.

MattR

Established Member
It seems that my car has bends in the cat back that not every car has. My cat back hits when attached to the H. My factory H has a center to center measurement of 6.5" and the new H is 5". H is made correct but won't fit my car. ARH has been great, I am surprised nobody else has had issues. I guess my car ended up with a one off factory exhaust.

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Hmm strange I have the same setup (AHR and o/r H pipe) without issue.

Btw what axle backs are you using? I've got a bit of raspy with my borla s types that I want to get rid of

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
It seems that my car has bends in the cat back that not every car has. My cat back hits when attached to the H. My factory H has a center to center measurement of 6.5" and the new H is 5". H is made correct but won't fit my car. ARH has been great, I am surprised nobody else has had issues. I guess my car ended up with a one off factory exhaust.

99% positive you do not have it installed forward enough. The over-axle pipes take a little bit of fine tuning to not hit anything, otherwise they will bump up against the panhard brace and the floorpan itself. Take a look at the rubber hangers on your mufflers - if they are not exactly vertical then you do not have it installed correctly.

Pictures of your issue would help greatly.

MattR

Established Member
Hmm strange I have the same setup (AHR and o/r H pipe) without issue.

Btw what axle backs are you using? I've got a bit of raspy with my borla s types that I want to get rid of

Any chance you have a picture of the finished exhaust? I am extremely curious as to what is different on my car. You can email me if you don't want to post.
[email protected]

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Any chance you have a picture of the finished exhaust? I am extremely curious as to what is different on my car. You can email me if you don't want to post.
[email protected]

What part of the exhaust would you like? Here's the only one I have at the moment and it's in mid installation

utuseny2.jpg

Bad Company

Established Member
What part of the exhaust would you like? Here's the only one I have at the moment and it's in mid installation

utuseny2.jpg
From this picture I'd say the interference problem is being caused by the mounting bracket of the torque arm.

The ARH 1 7/8" headers as have a different collector height when measuring from the floor of the car to the termination point of the header collector. The right hand header is closer to the floor pan than the left causing the H pipe to be closer to the floor pan on the right side. Clearing the mounting bracket for the Torque Arm is going to be almost impossible without doing some modifications to the exhaust system. I don't know if engine lowering motor mounts will give you the needed clearance or not.

MattR

Established Member

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
That is strange....have you tried calling/talking to the supplier? :sly:

I actually had a shop do my installation. Not sure if they had to modify the OEM cat backs to make it fit. We did do a torque arm which requires some modification to the h-pipe anyways. I'll get some pictures on Monday

Last edited:

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
From this picture I'd say the interference problem is being caused by the mounting bracket of the torque arm.

The ARH 1 7/8" headers as have a different collector height when measuring from the floor of the car to the termination point of the header collector. The right hand header is closer to the floor pan than the left causing the H pipe to be closer to the floor pan on the right side. Clearing the mounting bracket for the Torque Arm is going to be almost impossible without doing some modifications to the exhaust system. I don't know if engine lowering motor mounts will give you the needed clearance or not.

Hey Bad Company sorry but I'm not the OP. I know the shop had to modify slightly to get the torque arm. I'll get pictures up Monday now that it's all done..maybe that'll help.

Yes I have 1/2" lower motor mounts going as well. Not sure it if helps this far down the exhaust but does help header installation from what I was told

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
My OEM H-pipe is 6.5" center to center too (2012). I have the ARH H pipe, but it's in storage until I need them. Please post your resolution as I may need that info. Are your after-cat pipes stock or aftermarket?

MattR

Established Member
My OEM H-pipe is 6.5" center to center too (2012). I have the ARH H pipe, but it's in storage until I need them. Please post your resolution as I may need that info. Are your after-cat pipes stock or aftermarket?

My cat back is stock. I am very curious if you will have the same issue. ARH is going to build me a custom pipe but if more of us have this issue they may need to offer it. I assume if I had aftermarket over axle pipes I would be OK as well.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess the pictures didn't display before. I have Borla cat backs and I don't foresee the same problem you're having with the stock pipes.

Bad Company

Established Member
Hey Bad Company sorry but I'm not the OP. I know the shop had to modify slightly to get the torque arm. I'll get pictures up Monday now that it's all done..maybe that'll help.

Yes I have 1/2" lower motor mounts going as well. Not sure it if helps this far down the exhaust but does help header installation from what I was told
Yes I got confused on that.

The OP has a fitment issue in my mind. The H pipe terminations should be a close match to the stock pipes, but it is obviously not after see those pictures. A Torque Arm would be out of the question with the H pipe in these pictures.

MattR

Established Member
Yes I got confused on that.

The OP has a fitment issue in my mind. The H pipe terminations should be a close match to the stock pipes, but it is obviously not after see those pictures. A Torque Arm would be out of the question with the H pipe in these pictures.

so the interesting thing is all of the ARH H pipes have been made this way since 2010 and I am the first person with an issue. Does everyone change their cat back? looking at pictures of cat backs I am certain an aftermarket cat back would fit without issue. Or is my car somehow different than all the rest. ARH has been great and said they have 2000 kits out and im the first issue.

Sucks because my car has been up on stands for going on 2 weeks with a week of it trying to get the H pipe to fit. Wish I would have just got a complete exhaust from the headers to the bumper. I just wanted to see how it sounded before i made anymore changes.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not completely out of the woods. The Borla's have similar bends to the stock pipes in your picture. But I'm a long way to getting my car back together.

Users who are viewing this thread