11.34 N/A stock long block

99MystiC

Established Member
Went to Bakersfield a couple weekends ago and got to make 2 passes. First pass off trailer car ran 11.34 @ 116.96.
Second pass, lost oil pressure and fried the bearings. Car ran 12.5x @ 101

Gona be picking up a buddies mark 8 short block and slap on my fr500 heads ive had for a few years and manley valves with 98 cobra intake cams. Should be a nice lil combo for some high 10s. In the mean time ill be building up the blown motor.
Heres the slip.
20130107_185254_zps0dd9bb93.jpg

99MystiC

Established Member
Badass! Clean setup

What runs the coil packs?

Thanks. Msd mod 6.

What do you think killed it? To much rpm?

It had 60k when the odometer was disconnected. Had a crap load of passes on this car with 7+ rpm shifts. Im sure motor was hurt. Either pump failed or bearings went out. But ill know alil more when I pull it apart.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
What are the notable mods to make it run such a stellar time?

Race weight?

Nice runs, sir. Keep it coming.

99MystiC

Established Member
Really isnt to many mods. Obviously no accessories, Mac LTs, Race Bullets mufflers, Electric WP, Sullivan intake with carb through a c4 with a 5500 stall.
Baseline suspension in rear. Strange all around. Race weight is a huge help. The scales werent open at bakersfield but last time i weighed it, it was 2785 full race weight. Since then ive made a lot of changes but im sure its still in the same range.

O3dsg

Established Member
Wow that's a super clean engine bay and an awesome looking car! What RPM have you been shifting at?

2 cam sam

Established Member
Really isnt to many mods. Obviously no accessories, Mac LTs, Race Bullets mufflers, Electric WP, Sullivan intake with carb through a c4 with a 5500 stall.
Baseline suspension in rear. Strange all around. Race weight is a huge help. The scales werent open at bakersfield but last time i weighed it, it was 2785 full race weight. Since then ive made a lot of changes but im sure its still in the same range.

Dang! That race weight is CRAZY!

Users who are viewing this thread