118 in 60

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I agree, just be careful. One of the saddest duties we get stuck with is face-to-face death notifications, never easy and sometimes they stick with you for a while.

Happy Holidays.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
For those being harsh on him, I bet half of you have gone as fast if not faster before and you just didn't get caught. lol I know I have. Just becareful and be smart. We all f up sometimes.

Yeah, get a lawyer.

Lawman85

Banned
DaleM said:
mswaim said:
Ah, but just imagine the look on the officers face the one time a tire blows, a deer wanders in front of you or another car cuts you off with no time to stop and he gets the job of telling your family about the last few moments of your life.
QUOTE]
Life is about choices and chances. You can't do much about the chances..a deer has ended many a no racers life. Many a kid run out at midnight to 2am in the morning...not impossible just not probable, I make my choices and deal with the consequences without much of a snivel. See i support our local law enforcement by paying my fines and donate to the FOP when they do their annual fallen officer drives. As long as they keep voting the unions down I like 'em!

Good argument for the death penalty in street racing cases. :poke:

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Good argument for the death penalty in street racing cases. :poke:
Funny how people forget, sometimes the death penalty is imposed during the actual race by a Higher Power than a Judge! :(

Be careful out there. The life you end may not be your own. :nonono:

Last edited:

maddrabitt

Established Member
back when i was 19 and in the Marines I got pulled over doing 112 in the on ramp in my 5.0. We were about to deploy (not for another 2 weeks) but I gave the CHP a line about missing my flight out of Sacramento and had to get back so I didnt miss the ship. Dont know if he bought it or not, but he knocked my ticket down to 85 in a 70. Coolest cop I ever met. One of the few times when I was actually glad to be a Marine.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
bglf83 said:
i got clocked at 118 in a 60 any recomendations?

brandon
my recomendation would be to a. stop driving/learn how to drive and b. sign up for a safety driving course. And c. kiss some major ass

Lawman85

Banned
ROADWARRIORSVT said:
Funny how people forget, sometimes the death penalty is imposed during the actual race by a Higher Power than a Judge! :(

Be careful out there. The life you end may not be your own. :nonono:

Yes, but unfortunately it is always the wrong one that gets the death penalty. I've been on 4 fatality wrecks that were related to road racing and the dead person was the innocent one going the other way when one of the racers lost control. The racers usually walked away, actually rode away in the back of a police car, without a scratch. I hate road racers, I'll lock up everyone of them I can catch.

Hye

Established Member
what made you pull over if you were doing double the speedlimit just outa curiosity? any chance you could of out-ran? (not saying its the right choice)

bglf83

Established Member
well i was going the speed limit when i was stopped, the police officer did not turn on his lights until he was right on me.

brandon

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Move to D.C. That will solve your problem (this will be my canned answer from here on out because it works).

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I had a DPS Trooper citation recently, 93 in a 45, on George Bush Turnpike in North Dallas. I don't agree with the 93 and was only doing about 65, but I was traveling through the toll tag lane and the limit drops to 45 from 60.

The summary of it all is the fine is just $255 for doing 31 and over the limit. I thought I had to go before the judge but I could just pay the money to the clerk and be done with it. Go the attorney route and contest the citation, I was quoted $750 lawyer fee for trial by jury and a 50% chance of getting ticket dismissed.

Can't go the route of dismissing by way of defensive driving, not available for over 25 of speed limit.

Yeah, the trooper did tell me that he could have arrested me for reckless driving since I was going 25 over the limit when I balked at his claim of going 93.

The district attorney is just going to be a little busy with the various discovery requests I will be making.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i don't think hes going to jail lol, after all he wasn't even going twice the speed limit...

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
don't be stupid. that's my recommendation.

Ryan, remind me again.....how fast did we go that one time on 469? Oh yeah and on Johnson road. If i remember correctly it was somewhere in the 135-145 area. :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread