127,000 mile oil analysis

FL Steve

Established Member
This oil maybe had 2500 miles on it. I change my oil frequently. Atleast every 3,000 miles. Just picked this car up last November

image_zpslwbqax9p.png

FL Steve

Established Member
Thank you! The previous owner is a friend of mine and I know he took care of it. He bought it from a woman in Orlando who got it through her divorce. Prior to that I have no history on it. its not the cleanest Cobra out there but it still runs hard.

OP you should visit the Greasy Spoon to find much better oils than what Mobil 1 has to offer. They're product line simply hasn't been the same since 2005, according to UnleashedBeast, who has broken down what Hurricane Rita did to them in 2005.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What a test like this cost?

Like to see what 3x those miles show..

I use basic castrol gtx with stp

FL Steve

Established Member
OP you should visit the Greasy Spoon to find much better oils than what Mobil 1 has to offer. They're product line simply hasn't been the same since 2005, according to UnleashedBeast, who has broken down what Hurricane Rita did to them in 2005.

Thanks I'll definitely venture in there a little more. I've used all sorts of oils on my vehicles castrol in my wife's Denali 227,000 miles, royal purple in my 13 5.0, and obviously Mobil 1 in the Cobra. I don't usually switch brands though once they're in the motor. I know a lot of people like Amsoil around here and might give that a try if it's not to expensive. Those royal purple oil changes hurt the wallet every 5,000/3 months. I know that's really frequent for a synthetic oil change but I drive my car hard sometimes and am set in my ways.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op any mods done to your car? I sent a sample in last fall with only 800 miles of use. My iron was a 12 which they said is on the high side. They said it could be from the use the car sees and e85. Car only has 28k miles. I was running royal purple hps 5w30. I just switched to Amsoil ss 10w30. I'll be doing another sample this fall or next spring.

FL Steve

Established Member
Op any mods done to your car? I sent a sample in last fall with only 800 miles of use. My iron was a 12 which they said is on the high side. They said it could be from the use the car sees and e85. Car only has 28k miles. I was running royal purple hps 5w30. I just switched to Amsoil ss 10w30. I'll be doing another sample this fall or next spring.

Stage 6 Steg ported blower, 2.76 pulley, C&L CAI, Bassani X pipe and Cat back. My car is a daily driver. Your going the right direction with the oil switch and follow up sample. Interested to see where your iron levels will be after that.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Stage 6 Steg ported blower, 2.76 pulley, C&L CAI, Bassani X pipe and Cat back. My car is a daily driver. Your going the right direction with the oil switch and follow up sample. Interested to see where your iron levels will be after that.

Cool sounds like a good daily setup. I'm interested as well. Hoping to put more miles on this year.

Users who are viewing this thread