'13-14 GT500 for daily driver?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Why buy a $55k car that cant be driven as a DD? Some guys must enjoy throwing away money.

Appears you're the only responder that doesn't own one.
Don't worry so much what others spend their cash on, I can assure you I enjoy throwing my money away on this car.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good thing about all my driving is no bumper to bumper stuff unless I have to go to the DFW Metromess... I drive from Abilene west to Big Spring weekly so no stop and go. No traffic to speak of here in Abilene.
I DD my King Ranch now and have put 35K miles on it in a little less than 2 years. If we do have to travel as a family or go to Dallas/Ft Worth/etc we take the wife's '13 Audi Q7 TDI. Before the KR I daily drove an '08 Z06--just curious how the Shelby would compare to that? BTW--1st thing I would change on the Shelby would be the tires and a 13/6 kit... pretty much otherwise leave it alone. At 75-80 mph cruise what MPG could I expect?
If you did the same DD in a Z06, the GT500 will probably be more comfortable.
I averaged a bit over 20mpg on cruise at 75-80 if you can avoid the urge to blast WOT occasionally. Trust us, easier to say than do :)
-J

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I live in TX and know oil field roads. That would be my concern in a DD. These cars are very firm riding. I wouldn't get a PP for your use.

Tom

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
18k miles on my 14....best mileage i see is 18.5 mixed city and hwy.

13-6 kit with pulley and a few other mods but still very easy to DD. Doing the suspension next.

delvek

Established Member
I dont DD my Shelby but if I did I think two things would be an issue:

1. stop and go traffic would be killer with the clutch
2. I love how on weekends I look forward to driving it and it feels new each time, if I drove it everyday I would lose that type of enjoyment

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
Having only had manual transmissions since I started driving; I dont find the clutch to be an issue in stop and go driving.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Going to start driving mine to work 2-3 times a week next year. (2011)

Commute will be 30 miles, but 28 of those are highway miles.

As much as I would like to keep the car a low mileage queen, I bought it to enjoy it. And I enjoy driving it more than looking at it.

If you don't mind the possibility of being in stop and go traffic, go for it and DD an amazing car.

BOOCOCKY

Established Member
I drive mine every possible day I can from when the snow melts to when the snow falls. Not bored yet! Having a hot car you dont drive is like have a hot wife someone else screws.

Snoopy49

Established Member
LMAO! :lol1:

I think he is trying to tell us that the only way he will loan you his car is if you will allow him to watch you drive it. At least that was the requirement the last time I had sex with someone's hot wife.

havasuwiley

Established Member
in Arizona mine works fine for daily use just know where your gas stations are, lol
stock tires don't like cold weather, had mine over a year no issues:)

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi All

Why I bought mine?

Sorry in advance.

The car is purpose built. It's my pleasure car. I drive mine as needed. I take mine to AAA Fontana speedway to see what it's purpose . It shows you and everyone else what it's purpose is.

For me, I feel guilty putting mine in traffic. It's like taking 662 race horses and pulling your cart to market. In traffic, bad roads, ect....... A shame really. wasted millage. If it were me, I wold get a 2015 model for a daily driver. Still fun, paddle shift and cheaper.

Again, Sorry just my opinion.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi All

Why I bought mine?

Sorry in advance.

The car is purpose built. It's my pleasure car. I drive mine as needed. I take mine to AAA Fontana speedway to see what it's purpose . It shows you and everyone else what it's purpose is.

For me, I feel guilty putting mine in traffic. It's like taking 662 race horses and pulling your cart to market. In traffic, bad roads, ect....... A shame really. wasted millage. If it were me, I wold get a 2015 model for a daily driver. Still fun, paddle shift and cheaper.

I'm with this guy :rockon:
-J
:beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Hi All

Why I bought mine?

Sorry in advance.

Nothing to apologize for there!

Users who are viewing this thread