13 gt/cs boost time

i want boost

Established Member
What's up all, brand new to this form and hope you all can help me out

I'm in the market for a supercharger, have done a lot of research, and based on what I want and mostly the money I want to spend I'm looking at going Paxton.

Here's my main issue, seems that with a paxton I will have to delet my fog lights, not something I want to do. I'm looking for info on how to avoid this, can I buy extra tubing, if so what radius and all do I need if anyone has done this. Or could the kit be modified as is???

Appreciate all the help.

Also to get this form's opinion, what kind of hp/boost can you safely put to the new 5.0's without causing damage.Hear the 13's have a forged crank, but that's about it.

Anybody done a bottom end rebuild/upgrade, what's it cost?

Thanks look forward to your input

Clipboard

Established Member
Google/search will find all your answers.
OEM short block is good to 600rwhp you can go pass that
But reliability starts to go away.
Forging the bottom end can go anywhere from 2-8grand
Depending

i want boost

Established Member
Depending

I have googled, the Google out of the fog light deal, no answer's as far as a solution

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
best away to avoid losing the fogs on the paxton kit is to buy a Hellion TT kit

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
If you get a Paxton there is no way around losing the fogs unless you get a different intercooler and piping. The inlet and outlets are just too close to the fogs. Sucks but if you wanna go fast...

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Depending

Take the low side estimate and double it, doing everything but machine work myself the rebuild was about $4000.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
If you get a Paxton there is no way around losing the fogs unless you get a different intercooler and piping. The inlet and outlets are just too close to the fogs. Sucks but if you wanna go fast...

Im not sure why there is an issue with foglights on the gt/cs for 13-14 :??:

I was just under the car yesterday and installed my lower delete and splitter. I happened to look at location for cs foglights and thought to myself damn there is a ton of empty space. No way the intercooler piping will get in the way....unless the cs foglights are deceivingly huge behind the bumper cover.

Anyways, anyone know of a kit for hid CS style lights?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Im not sure why there is an issue with foglights on the gt/cs for 13-14 :??:

I was just under the car yesterday and installed my lower delete and splitter. I happened to look at location for cs foglights and thought to myself damn there is a ton of empty space. No way the intercooler piping will get in the way....unless the cs foglights are deceivingly huge behind the bumper cover.

Anyways, anyone know of a kit for hid CS style lights?

I have a CS valance for sale but it's for a 11/12.

The pipes that go in and come out the cooler will bump the housing of the fog lights on the 11/12. One Remedy if you HAVE to have a Paxton and HAVE to keep fogs is to go to a Roush bumper, which is what I did...add about another grand for parts and paint if you want that. Turns out I want a Roush/VMP TVS now as opposed to Paxton, but I like the bumper Nevertheless.

Again, it's been posted that this is not an issue on the 13's
RC

GrilleCompare2_zps099aa13c.jpg

i want boost

Established Member
I have a CS valance for sale but it's for a 11/12.

The pipes that go in and come out the cooler will bump the housing of the fog lights on the 11/12. One Remedy if you HAVE to have a Paxton and HAVE to keep fogs is to go to a Roush bumper, which is what I did...add about another grand for parts and paint if you want that. Turns out I want a Roush/VMP TVS now as opposed to Paxton, but I like the bumper Nevertheless.

Again, it's been posted that this is not an issue on the 13's
RC

GrilleCompare2_zps099aa13c.jpg

Thinking about dropping another 2 g'a and going vmp or whipple myself, what makes you want to go tvs?

i want boost

Established Member
Take the low side estimate and double it, doing everything but machine work myself the rebuild was about $4000.

Why did you do this rebuild, did you or someone btlreak something or was the rebuild done so nothing would happen???

Users who are viewing this thread