13' GT Fluid Swap

Dave_6

Established Member
This thread is awesome. Going to Amsoil after this next oil change, which will be this weekend.

Can't believe my car has 8600 miles on it and I've only changed the oil once so far (Motorcraft oil and filter). :nonono::nono::loser: I've been so busy that I've let it slip up on me, but I don't daily drive it anymore.

fishy2k8

Established Member
does anyone know if ford will throw a fit if you were to show receipts of using ATM10w-30 vs the 5w-50 that ford specs if a warranty issue came up?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
does anyone know if ford will throw a fit if you were to show receipts of using ATM10w-30 vs the 5w-50 that ford specs if a warranty issue came up?

Ford would have to prove the failure was lubricant related.

When is the last time you've heard about a lubricant related engine failure in a Coyote? Never!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i plan on changing my oil again at the 8k mark. How or what do i need to get a UOA to blackstone?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I already had had redline in the diff and tranny before drinking the amsoil kool-aid for the crankcase. Switched from PU 5W20 to ATM 10W30. I'm happier as the car no longer burns any oil.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
i plan on changing my oil again at the 8k mark. How or what do i need to get a UOA to blackstone?

If anyone needs to know where to get oil testing, visit one of the website links below. Please, if you have your oil tested with Blackstone....opt for the extra $10.00 to have TBN tested. OAI provides TBN testing included with the price. OAI also tests for oxidation (Blackstone does not). Both labs will yield very close consistent results.

Blackstone - will cost $25.00 for basic test, $35.00 with TBN, plus the cost of shipping ($1.90 USPS)

OAI testing kits UPS prepaid - will cost $32.20 - Amsoil preferred customers get this test for $25.95

Bandwagon here.... Can I get a PM? I need to get some fluids soon!

Sent

I already had had redline in the diff and tranny before drinking the amsoil kool-aid for the crankcase. Switched from PU 5W20 to ATM 10W30. I'm happier as the car no longer burns any oil.

Like music to my ears!

kingnut

Established Member
Im gonna have to keep this thread handy when its time to change fluids.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Just finished changing from the stock goop to Amsoil MTF. So far it seems to shift a little bit slicker. Warning to anyone who gets the Amsoil Pump to pump it into the transmission, its fragile! Mine cracked very easily on the lid that secures to the bottles so consider it a one time use and be very easy on it.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Just finished changing from the stock goop to Amsoil MTF. So far it seems to shift a little bit slicker. Warning to anyone who gets the Amsoil Pump to pump it into the transmission, its fragile! Mine cracked very easily on the lid that secures to the bottles so consider it a one time use and be very easy on it.

You must have a defect, as I have been hard on mine. Never one issue. If you feel it's "brittle", send a message to Amsoil support. They may send you a replacement.

Good to hear about MTF.

Users who are viewing this thread