'13 GT vs '13 SRT 392

DIB5.0

Established Member
Anyone either own or drive both cars? What are your thoughts on the 392?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Last edited:

5.0jake

Established Member
boom!

In all honestly if you are spending the dough on an srt-8 you might as well compare it to a Shelby. Top of the line to top of the line.

If it is srt8 vs 5.0 then I would go srt8 all the way.

I guess that would be the current comparison but a more valid one would be the upcoming 392 hellcat vs 13+GT500
Next-gen Challenger to boast supercharged 'Hellcat' HEMI V8
Stock vs stock I agree the 392 is nicer and should edge out a 5.0 but with simple boltons for the 5.0 it would be a more even match from a straight line standpoint like others have said.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
ive not done too much digging around, ive read this: 12.253 @ 113.86, 1.907 60', 392 A5, stock. apparently the autos are a bit better than the M6. most likely not the norm. imo, they are a mid 12 sec car. still pretty quick for a barge.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I guess that would be the current comparison but a more valid one would be the upcoming 392 hellcat vs 13+GT500
Next-gen Challenger to boast supercharged 'Hellcat' HEMI V8
Stock vs stock I agree the 392 is nicer and should edge out a 5.0 but with simple bolt-ons for the 5.0 it would be a more even match from a straight line standpoint like others have said.

But you can also do simple bolt-ons to the 392 and still stay ahead of the 5.0.

I would choose the '13 392 SRT-8 over the '13 5.0 as well. The only thing I don't like about the Challenger is the size. I just feels as big as it is. Still a nice car, though. Gotta love the 392.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
The only downside for the srt lineup is the price. I went on dodge's website and built srt charger...the price was over 50k :(

BlueSnake01

Established Member
What do you run at the track?

Oh that's right... you matched a stock 392 in the 1/4 mile...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...etting-11s-help-i-dont-know-what-do-next.html

:lol1::lol:
I don't think we're gonna hear from him again. :beer:

392 any day! Those saying that a 5.0 will match a stock 392 do know that the Challenger can be modded as well, right? Price difference however between the both is a little off, wouldnt it be better suited against the Boss?

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Based on exterior looks, the 392 wins no contest IMO. However, it's not enough car for the money. I'd buy the used 2013 GT & pocket the rest.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
392 looks great, has good power, weighs to much, costs to much for the level of performance. 392 is the flagship of Dodge's muscle car division, it would only be fair to compare it to a GT500 or possibly the Boss.

'13 GT 5.0 looks good, has good power, weighs much less, costs much less. 5.0 GT is not the flag ship of Ford's muscle car division.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
392 looks great, has good power, weighs to much, costs to much for the level of performance. 392 is the flagship of Dodge's muscle car division, it would only be fair to compare it to a GT500 or possibly the Boss.

'13 GT 5.0 looks good, has good power, weighs much less, costs much less. 5.0 GT is not the flag ship of Ford's muscle car division.

The drama you just started... You take it back! The 5.0 is their best offering ever!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member

I thought the Viper was their flagship "go fast" car.

I have to admit that the Challenger is one of the best looking cars on the road.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Based on exterior looks, the 392 wins no contest IMO. However, it's not enough car for the money. I'd buy the used 2013 GT & pocket the rest.

Exactly, and that's the point many people here seem to be missing. The 392 is marginally quicker, yes, but nothing that a tune couldn't take care of. It *should * be quicker, it costs $10k more. The fact that the 5.0 is a couple bolt ons away from being comparable is rather sad. The manual 392s really aren't any quicker anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread