'13 Shelby Red Candy on the lot, 5k over :(

Marc

Established Member
I just bought a car off a guy locally. He just so happened to be a finance guy at Ford. Said it depends on who you talk to. He said he would get me one at MSRP when I am ready to purchase.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought a car off a guy locally. He just so happened to be a finance guy at Ford. Said it depends on who you talk to. He said he would get me one at MSRP when I am ready to purchase.

Exactly, my dealer gave me MSRP right off the bat. Not that it's an exceptional deal, but certainly better than any markup.

bull3441

Established Member
Wait a 6 months and watch Ford offer incentives. The 11 and 12's were offered X planned for a while. Ask yourself MSRP as risen thousands, are you doing better financially than 6 months ago? The economy still sucks and the price of the car has risen. The '13's will be sitting on lots after the summer months pass.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm traveling 800 miles to get mine. And I have the connections. I could have waited for a second allocation at another local dealer. But my flight was $250...and i get to learn my car by driving it

You'll see ADM's for a while guys- just gonna have to weed through the BS

Dont wanna pay an ADM? Gotta travel.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Wait a 6 months and watch Ford offer incentives. The 11 and 12's were offered X planned for a while. Ask yourself MSRP as risen thousands, are you doing better financially than 6 months ago? The economy still sucks and the price of the car has risen. The '13's will be sitting on lots after the summer months pass.

I think that the dealers asking rediculous ADM's will still have them on their lots. But I dont forsee the dealers that sell at MSRP or under holding onto them.

I also dont think we will see rebates/incentives in 6mos. I think we MIGHT see some sort of dealer cash to make way for the 2014...but that would be a year or so from now.

As for MSRP rising...you dont think 112hp, new ass end, updated interior, updated aero, new motor, blower.... I could go on is worth a premium increase? It not like its just an increase for the hell of it. Its an increase because the car has more value

If you have the means, and you want the car. Buy it. But don't make the mistake of playing a premium for a mass production car

bull3441

Established Member
I think that the dealers asking rediculous ADM's will still have them on their lots. But I dont forsee the dealers that sell at MSRP or under holding onto them.

I also dont think we will see rebates/incentives in 6mos. I think we MIGHT see some sort of dealer cash to make way for the 2014...but that would be a year or so from now.

As for MSRP rising...you dont think 112hp, new ass end, updated interior, updated aero, new motor, blower.... I could go on is worth a premium increase? It not like its just an increase for the hell of it. Its an increase because the car has more value

If you have the means, and you want the car. Buy it. But don't make the mistake of playing a premium for a mass production car
I think the '13 is worth the $, but are people doing better economically than a year ago? The dealers are adding ADM's as high as pre-2008 crash. Time will tell, but I think after the first wave of people who are hot for the car, the '13's will sit if there's ADM's added on.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I think the '13 is worth the $, but are people doing better economically than a year ago? The dealers are adding ADM's as high as pre-2008 crash. Time will tell, but I think after the first wave of people who are hot for the car, the '13's will sit if there's ADM's added on.

Your logic is flawed. Not trying to start an argument, but it is.

But someone that could afford a $50k '12 a year ago isn't the type of person to tuck their tail in and not spend $58k on a superior car. That type of car buyer generally isnt concerned.

If you don't have the means to buy a $58k car, but have the "means" to buy a $50k one, chances are you are living out of your means on the $50k car.

I think many perceive this car as a bargain. Including my self. When it came time to replace my 08 I was between this and a CPO 997 Porsche turbo. I saved $25k- and got an awesome car.

Also of note- ADM's are as prevalent as you are portraying them to be. They are the exception. Not the rule.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Bull- Tell you what. Send me a deposit and I'll get you a '13 at invoice for August/september delivery.

Edit: Holy PM's!! Y'all really want '13s eh? :)

I know of a couple that will be for sale under MSRP in August/sept.

When I know they're coming- ill make a thread

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Bull- Tell you what. Send me a deposit and I'll get you a '13 at invoice for August/september delivery. Ready to go? PM me and I'll send you my PayPal and have my guy send you a contract.
If I can get get my car sold, I'd take you up on that offer. Hard to get rid of a built motor car.

bull3441

Established Member
Your logic is flawed. Not trying to start an argument, but it is.

But someone that could afford a $50k '12 a year ago isn't the type of person to tuck their tail in and not spend $58k on a superior car. That type of car buyer generally isnt concerned.

If you don't have the means to buy a $58k car, but have the "means" to buy a $50k one, chances are you are living out of your means on the $50k car.

I think many perceive this car as a bargain. Including my self. When it came time to replace my 08 I was between this and a CPO 997 Porsche turbo. I saved $25k- and got an awesome car.

Also of note- ADM's are as prevalent as you are portraying them to be. They are the exception. Not the rule.
I live on Long Island, so the ADM's are still around. Boss's were still bring ADM's till the '13's came out. Btw I think the '13 GT500 is an amazing deal for the $, but I still stand bye that they will sit for a while after the rush. A dealer here on L.I. was still charging an ADM on a 2010 when the '12's just came out. Majority of the dealers on L.I. suck. Same goes for GT-R's and ZR1's here.

bull3441

Established Member
That's long Island though.

It's not like that everywhere, is I guess my point
I live in a bubble. some of the dealers here refuse service if you buy out of state. I hear you though, not arguing with you or mean disrespect. I contacted a few out of state dealers and they won't touch my car with all the mods to it.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I live in a bubble. some of the dealers here refuse service if you buy out of state. I hear you though, not arguing with you or mean disrespect. I contacted a few out of state dealers and they won't touch my car with all the mods to it.

WHAT??????? Are u serious if u didn't buy a car at a certain ford dealer they won't do a service on it??????????

Users who are viewing this thread