13' w 2.9 Whipple - Best throttle body?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
go to a new tuner, i hate it when i hear tuners cant dial a car in because of a throttle body....back when i had my L+M 72mm on my former 2010 it started out exactly like you, tuner had trouble dialing it in, surging, poor tip in and at half throttle it was like hitting a 200 shot of spray.....went to another tuner who assured me it wasnt the throttle body it was the tune....he tuned it and the car drove like stock with a 4.0 whipple on it and the same Tbody the old tuner said couldnt be dialed in.....its called the tuner is to lazy to invest the time to get it right...also depends if your tuner is using flow bench numbers for inputs or if they are using maf manipulation tuning....there was a whole write up years ago on the same topic regarding throttle bodies and driveability....i heard the same thing about the BPS throttle body but guess what the one i have on my car runs and drives perfectly....Sylvaine doesnt sell garbadge parts...hes actually one of the shops that manufactures alot of things and its all top quality stuff...
nothing wrong with your L+M Tbody...

as for HP you dont need alot to go fast....my car makes 685 on pump gas and 724 on fuse 116 unleaded race gas....9.90 best ET and best MPH 144....lots of cars claim big numbers but cant run the numbers at the track....i would set the car up as you said for best driveability....i run 93 pump gas with the TVS Gen2 and the 2.4" Pulley and swap fuel and tune for the track....

Users who are viewing this thread