14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
Yeah, those are a little worn...a little. How deep are the grooves on the crank journals? Hopefully it can be ground slightly to be used again. I assume that you will be doing upgraded internals. At least rods and pistons anyway. I wish Ford would just put a good pump in and charge the extra $350 on the car.

The grooves on the crank journals are actually not grooves but more so the tiny metal pieces from the OPG that welded themselves to it. The crank is probably salvageable, but for the price of a new crank, it’s not worth the machine work or the gamble.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The grooves on the crank journals are actually not grooves but more so the tiny metal pieces from the OPG that welded themselves to it. The crank is probably salvageable, but for the price of a new crank, it’s not work the machine work or the gamble.

True. Any plans as of yet, or are you letting it sit for a few?

Gruca

Established Member
True. Any plans as of yet, or are you letting it sit for a few?
I’m going to measure the cylinders today and see if I need to bore it 5 over. Then I’m going to get that done if needed, have the block deburred (you’d be amazed at how much shit you can break off with your finger on the inside of the block), have the block and heads completely flushed out and cleaned, then buy the rotating assembly and make sure the pistons fit. From there it’s just measuring a million times and putting it all back together.

old01cobra

Established Member
E-85 is like magic juice but damn..... Its like that little extra squirt that always does the most harm. I'm honestly scared of E-85.... As much victory stories from it I think Ive seen more horror stories from it. Probably tune related. I'll keep sniffing my gtx 260 for now makes the car smell faster...

Gruca

Established Member
E-85 is like magic juice but damn..... Its like that little extra squirt that always does the most harm. I'm honestly scared of E-85.... As much victory stories from it I think Ive seen more horror stories from it. Probably tune related. I'll keep sniffing my gtx 260 for now makes the car smell faster...
My oil pump gear broke. E85 and tuning didn’t break it.

Gruca

Established Member
I was supposed to get the block back early next week but the 11:1 bored 5 over pistons are on back order 2-3 weeks. Lame.

Gruca

Established Member
Rods and pistons are buttoned up...
njUfmBR.jpg

LPUfx9L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread