14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
+9MPH and -.2 or .3 ET, lots of MPH for every second in the 10s huh? Stock suspension or do you have the viking drag shocks like everyone else?
I have Koni non-adjustables all around, Steeda sport springs, BMR upper and lower control arms, and a lca relocation bracket.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The date on your slip shows 01/01/2002. I think that they may need to fix that. Do you have any videos of the car making a pass?

Gruca

Established Member
The date on your slip shows 01/01/2002. I think that they may need to fix that. Do you have any videos of the car making a pass?

No videos. US41 in Indiana never changes the dates. Every time I’ve gone the slip has that date on it.

I bought a Garmin dash cam 45 a couple months ago and it just stopped turning on for some reason. I sent it to Garmin and they sent me a new one. Same thing happened again. So based on my experience, Garmin sucks.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
No videos. US41 in Indiana never changes the dates. Every time I’ve gone the slip has that date on it.

I bought a Garmin dash cam 45 a couple months ago and it just stopped turning on for some reason. I sent it to Garmin and they sent me a new one. Same thing happened again. So based on my experience, Garmin sucks.

Well crap. Go pro :)
Car sounds like a lot of fun too. Keep at it and the ET will get better.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It WAS a lot of fun lol. Now I’m pulling the engine because that run was my last full one before oil starvation occurred...:mad:

Just think of how the car will feel with a 3.33 or smaller while revving to 7800....

Gonna be beast.

Gruca

Established Member
Just think of how the car will feel with a 3.33 or smaller while revving to 7800....

Gonna be beast.
The 3.33 pulley is on there already, just wastegated at 11psi.

Now I need to research how much psi a 3.33 creates without the wastegate.

Gruca

Established Member
Did it kill the oil pump?
Oil starvation is bad news. Sorry to hear that.
Pretty sure I killed the oil pump gear when I let off at the end of my last run.

If you do happen to have to go with the 2015 short block, is it a direct swap? Or is that when the whole timing chains & cams have to be mixed & matched?I
Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I replied to this but inside the quote on accident...so here’s what I meant to post:

I believe that the 2015 short block can be used with the 11-14 heads and you should be good. You'd have to change the crankshaft sprocket from the 15+ to the 11-14.

Last edited:

Gruca

Established Member
Finally started taking it apart today. I’m not too far off from pulling the engine. Once I drop the trans tomorrow, I should be ready.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I am also watching. E85 tune starts next week.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

lenny127

Established Member
i think we all push our luck in different ways , .... for me on 11-14 stock block opg and sprocket is a must on a healthy motor if you want more than just 50/50 ...and cap it in the 7s on e85 ?.... haha idk thats what i did 3k in and no boom yet lol

Gruca

Established Member
I just need to build something to attach the chain to on top of the engine in order to pull this thing. Once I figure that out, I can start tearing this engine apart.

So far the block has no exterior damage (which I was already pretty sure was the case) and there was no metal in the oil when I drained it.

Users who are viewing this thread